Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

About the state of Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Comrade281

02-11-2013

They gave 1 more second on savage strike, maybe they want him to be an on hit assassin. Thing with him i think is that we are all so used to him being a tanky mofo and now when you play him you die so fast it just doesn't feel the same.

dogbiter

02-11-2013

when GD says somethings is bad, they are most likely wrong. it has happened before (and with rengar too)

Signature13

02-11-2013

Free refund for Rengar please, wasted my RP on a champion that might as well be deleted.

02-11-2013

rengar is fine. Low winrate reflects that he appeals to noobs that want to faceroll dunk.

Quit complaining he was OP.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23931734#history

Signature13

02-11-2013

Quote:
Comrade281:
They gave 1 more second on savage strike, maybe they want him to be an on hit assassin. Thing with him i think is that we are all so used to him being a tanky mofo and now when you play him you die so fast it just doesn't feel the same.

That makes no sense at all.. What's the point of his "unique" bonetooth necklace item then? It's obviously an item meant for an assassin who can sustain himself, as you lose stacks on deaths, and the item is terrible until you reach and maintain a high level of stacks. Right now, all Rengar can be built towards is an assassin of the enemy ADC, but he has to waste every skill if he wants that kill, so he usually has very little ways of escaping after. So to recap: no sustain, extremely nerfed Damage (AD and AP), nerfed tanky build, and a nerfed unique item that is useless. The item alone indicates what Riot intended Rengar to be, and seeing as how this item has fallen to oblivion, you can also assume that Rengar has well, for not even being able to use his own unique item properly.

Comrade281

02-11-2013

Quote:
Signature13:
That makes no sense at all.. What's the point of his "unique" bonetooth necklace item then? It's obviously an item meant for an assassin who can sustain himself, as you lose stacks on deaths, and the item is terrible until you reach and maintain a high level of stacks. Right now, all Rengar can be built towards is an assassin of the enemy ADC, but he has to waste every skill if he wants that kill, so he usually has very little ways of escaping after. So to recap: no sustain, extremely nerfed Damage (AD and AP), nerfed tanky build, and a nerfed unique item that is useless. The item alone indicates what Riot intended Rengar to be, and seeing as how this item has fallen to oblivion, you can also assume that Rengar has well, for not even being able to use his own unique item properly.

I agree, it was just a thought.

spongejong

02-11-2013

Really wish they would give us the chance to refund freely after nerfs. I bought him when he first came out and did not play him after the massive nerfs

Mo00se

02-11-2013

Quote:
spongejong:
Really wish they would give us the chance to refund freely after nerfs. I bought him when he first came out and did not play him after the massive nerfs

yea no **** i bought the bundle then they totally gut the product i bought

Treeke

02-11-2013

Quote:
Lord Housewife:
Can you go more in depth as to how you believe he is balanced? I am genuinely curious as he is regarded as a highly weak champion these days.

First of all, I play him as a jungler.

He has this awesome gameplay of a hunter. I stopped playing rengar when they nerfed his ult (Not the 3 secs before stealth if being attacked, but the duration. Those 2 seconds did hurt his gameplay, his ult only felt like a gap closer.). After they reverted that nerf, I started playing him again.

He has great lvl 2 ganks, and have good ganks through the game. Early game, yes, he is kinda squishy/doesn't have that good sustain, but I try to use W empowered and get as much ferocity as possible. That makes jungling easier.

He can gank ANY lane after lvl 6, it's like prenerf evelynn. He is suddenly there and can kill you. Yes, maybe not that high damage and a stun, but he can be dryhumping you without noticing.

I LOVE to get cdr on rengar, I feel like it's a must to get max CDR. And it's kind of cheap to afford it.

Rengar revolves around his ULT, ITEM, Q and FEROCITY. By getting Max cdr you are able to have your ult up everytime you need it, you are able to stack ferocity really fast and being able to do lots of empowered Q's.

Rengar can have like 1.6-1.7 Attack Speed with no attack speed items. That's is something really good and strong. Pair that with Youmuu's (That's right, youmuu's) and you can get up to 2.0 Attack speed.

His Ult let's you get up to two empowered Q's. that's a lot of damage (Have 5 ferocity, Use Q, Ult, wait till 3-4 ferocity, jump to your prey, empowered Q, combo here, another empowered Q.)

His Item is really cost-effective when you get to lvl 14 more or less or get stacks (Which you will get everygame. Maybe if you are getting stomped you won't get stacks, but that's an scenario in which, any item won't be good.).

I usually follow this build(No order): Wriggles, Kindlegem, Brutalizer, Ionian boots of lucidity, Bonetooth necklace.

Like I said, CDR is the stat you must be looking to get on Rengar. And Kinglegem can be upgraded into Spirit Visage or Zeke's and Brut into Youmuu's or black cleaver.

Overall, I think that his gameplay is really fun, I believe he is really strong, maybe not as strong as he used to, but definitely not weak.

Maybe he can use a tweak here or there, but not a huge buff.

TL;DR: CDR is your friend, abuse your ult.

Mo00se

02-11-2013

get CDR = have no damage, well done