An opinion for frustrated ranked players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Novi NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

I have been having trouble in ranked playing ADC... and I bought Nocturne today, played him jungle once in normal game, and played 4 matches with him in ranked. Did a duo for the last 2. I won the last 3 for my first hot streak in Bronze 4... Pretty excited.

My opinion is that if you're having trouble, learn to jungle and play duo. I feel jungle makes a huge early game influence, and if lane mates are having trouble, you can be there. Give blue, give red, maintain dragon, and you can make a huge difference...

And I think HP is OP kind of? So maybe get a warmogs first, that's what I do.

Have fun

gargoyle6969

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

learning the jungle is a great way to get a feel for things in rank specially duo, but what do you do about all the dang trolls in the lower tiers? sense reporting doesn't seem to do any good?

gargoyle6969

02-11-2013

i agree that learning the jungle is a good way to get a good feel for the lanes, specially with a duo friend. though im curious what do you do about trolls. (namely champs that are just feeding, purposely or not, not playing a roll or just being really negative) Not trying to be negative or anything but curious if you know anything i can do about it sense reporting doesn't seem to stop them.

Best Novi NA

02-11-2013

In order for a troll to be successful, they need to annoy/bother/upset/anger you. In order to ignite a troll, you need to annoy/bother/upset/anger them. Avoid doing that by being kind. Call what you want, if someone else wants it, give it to them. If you're banning, ask for ban preferences. It's way better to end the game knowing you made a team happy and you cooperated, than to end the game pissed or upset because you pissed everyone else off by venting on the internet maturely. Don't try to convince them of anything if they don't want to agree. If they just argue, hold tab and click the bubble. If nothing changes in game, well it happens... Your team will more than likely listen to you if you cooperate from the get go, and help out as much as possible. Don't race to take blue/red from APC or ADC because you want it just to piss them off, don't take kills as support unless ADC has 1 hit left till death... Don't tell your team to do stupid things. Know your priorities, and engage those priorities with your team mates. You will have bad games, you will have even games, and you will have games where you just completely smash the enemy. You need to learn to make it fun by having fun. It's a game.

Causing Panic

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Novi l View Post
I have been having trouble in ranked playing ADC... and I bought Nocturne today, played him jungle once in normal game, and played 4 matches with him in ranked. Did a duo for the last 2. I won the last 3 for my first hot streak in Bronze 4... Pretty excited.

My opinion is that if you're having trouble, learn to jungle and play duo. I feel jungle makes a huge early game influence, and if lane mates are having trouble, you can be there. Give blue, give red, maintain dragon, and you can make a huge difference...

And I think HP is OP kind of? So maybe get a warmogs first, that's what I do.

Have fun
in lower tiers ranks, jungler makes more of a impact which is why you saw such a improvement.. Once you get a bit higher a jungler just turns into a "support". A jungler in a way is just another support. your job is to get everyone on your team ahead, whether it be in kills, drags, ect. the only thing with this is, if you have a bad team, you most likely Wont be able to carry like you would if you where playing a solo lane.

Now for your other point of duo, this will increase your odds of winning just from the fact it gives you less chance to get a troll/bad player on your team (that is if you/ your friend arent the bad players) and that you know how each other plays

Haitah

02-11-2013

If you are confident in your role, I am very aggressive in lane as ADC, I end up outscaling the ADC as well, usually Vayne because her late-game is insane and she can easily take out any Warmog tanks which is very nice considering what everyone builds at the moment.