Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, Really /equalize

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

popboyusa

02-11-2013

Riot why would you even add this? You know that more than half the pbe is trolls and south Americans who say "EASY NOOBS" whenever they get a kill. I don't understand the logic behind this, no team would ever do this in the pbe, let alone the online servers with players who wouldn't sacrifice gold to give the other team a chance.

If you are going to add some sort of "equalizer" why don't you make it a passive thing that happens when the team is getting crushed like 30/5 and they only have 4 players who are so behind its impossible to catch up.

You can't really test this function in the pbe because about 2/5 or 4/10 of the players (rough estimate) are actually testers. Players would rather get the easy win than give the other team a chance EVEN HERE. This disgusts me because i am actually testing on the pbe and other players wont test to throw the game.

Please consider an alternative to this /equalize because like i said no one actually uses this function.

TrollForALiving

02-11-2013

It's fine as it is, it's just in the hands of the players. I like having responsibility as a tester.

popboyusa

02-11-2013

Quote:
TrollForALiving:
It's fine as it is, it's just in the hands of the players. I like having responsibility as a tester.

Well considering i have only seen this used once, i believe that if put on the na/eu servers, it will Not be used for testing purposes and no one will use it period. There is no sympathy in this game having seen what its like on the pbe i doubt it ill be used on the na/eu anyways.

neagrosk

02-11-2013

er it's PBE, it's just for testing...

It won't ever be added to the main client because there really isn't any purpose.

popboyusa

02-11-2013

downvoted for trying to test.. exactly what i mean by trolls and non testers

DLChade

02-11-2013

Quote:
popboyusa:
downvoted for trying to test.. exactly what i mean by trolls and non testers

actually most people likely downvoted because it sounds like your whinging about a feature that you DONT have to use. There is a reason they added it in, but your not required to use it. just like surrendering, you can vote no if you dont want to

namora

02-11-2013

If you had read this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3088241&highlight=equalize

Before you posted the below, you wouldn't have posted. Please check before posting.

Quote:
popboyusa:
Riot why would you even add this? You know that more than half the pbe is trolls and south Americans who say "EASY NOOBS" whenever they get a kill. I don't understand the logic behind this, no team would ever do this in the pbe, let alone the online servers with players who wouldn't sacrifice gold to give the other team a chance.

If you are going to add some sort of "equalizer" why don't you make it a passive thing that happens when the team is getting crushed like 30/5 and they only have 4 players who are so behind its impossible to catch up.

You can't really test this function in the pbe because about 2/5 or 4/10 of the players (rough estimate) are actually testers. Players would rather get the easy win than give the other team a chance EVEN HERE. This disgusts me because i am actually testing on the pbe and other players wont test to throw the game.

Please consider an alternative to this /equalize because like i said no one actually uses this function.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

Squirtlekip

02-11-2013

When I play pbe bot games people use it. It's always interesting to see how it effects the bots build paths.

Agatio

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Quote:
popboyusa:
Well considering i have only seen this used once, i believe that if put on the na/eu servers, it will Not be used for testing purposes and no one will use it period. There is no sympathy in this game having seen what its like on the pbe i doubt it ill be used on the na/eu anyways.

I was *JUST* in a game where we used it, and then the enemy team got a decent advantage, and they used it, and then we got an advantage, and we used it. It was a VERY close game that lasted almost an hour, with neither side having anyone that was a remotely negative influence. It was great, and I wish there were enough players like that, so that didn't feel like a one-in-a-thousand kind of game.

Firestorme

Recruiter

02-11-2013

if you want to use /lose just do /ff instead. same effect and saves you some time.