Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot - About one of your most iconic junglers...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Take the Draw

02-11-2013

Hello, I want to talk about how Season 3 changes crippled jungle Nunu. I hit 2000 Elo in the preseason playing almost exclusively jungle Nunu, and was the most played Nunu player according to LoLKing prior to season 3.

The jungle changes put Nunu in a really weird place. Because Spirit Stone doesn't affect the true damage of Consume, he's basically forced to pick up Madred's to maintain a good clear speed which is a complete dead end for him. Additionally, Riot didn't buff Consume to compensate for the jungle changes which was a strange decision (oversight?) because Nunu's clear speeds in season 2 weren't exactly blazing fast to begin with. Now, Nunu junglers have to rank up Consume which severely weakens his already mediocre ganking and makes him feel terribly useless in team fights and skirmishes. Plus, even with extra ranks of Consume, several autoattacks are usually necessary to clear big creeps which has made counterjungling far more difficult and dangerous than it used to be. Speaking of counterjungling, the change to ambient gold has made counterjungling much less effective overall. And, as a support/control jungler, Nunu was hit particularly hard by the Oracles nerf.

All of these issues were manageable in the preseason just because Blood Boil was so ridiculous and made up for Nunu's weaknesses in pretty much every other area. Now that Blood Boil was nerfed (probably too much, but whatever), I would like Riot to turn to their attention to the jungle Nunu that got hit by the collateral damage of the support Nunu nerf. Buffing Consume damage (and letting it benefit from Spirit Stone) would be a huge step in the right direction.

Nunu has a unique playstyle in the jungle and it would be a damn shame to see him die off. BUFF CONSUME!

WardJumpForJesus

02-11-2013

jungle nunu = satan

Dante Brimscone

02-11-2013

Nunu's been the jungler I've had the easiest time with so far in s3. His sustain is beyond fine, his ganks hurt, and he counter jungles well.

Of all the champs people jungled in s2 that were actually hurt by the s3 changes, Nunu is not one of them.

Dimwitt

02-11-2013

Saw thread titled iconic junglers....expected Warwick

Was disappointed.

Take the Draw

02-11-2013

Quote:
Dante Brimscone:
Nunu's been the jungler I've had the easiest time with so far in s3. His sustain is beyond fine, his ganks hurt, and he counter jungles well.

Of all the champs people jungled in s2 that were actually hurt by the s3 changes, Nunu is not one of them.

Aside from sustain (which is only an issue for a couple of junglers), Nunu is outclassed by almost all standard junglers at the moment. I don't know how you figure his ganks are good, like I mentioned S3 has made it difficult to rank Ice Blast, and Nunu contributes almost no damage so his ganks only work for champions that have high sustained damage that can take advantage of the slow unless your opponent is just a total idiot. I get that junglers are worse across the board, what I'm saying is that Nunu is more worse off than other junglers when he was basically average to begin with.

Nunu's playstyle is heavily counterjungle dependent. S3 changes made counterjungling worse in general, and the increased health on jungle creeps without a corresponding buff to Consume has made his counterjungling specifically much worse. I can't see any reasonable argument for why, at the minimum, Spirit Stone shouldn't affect Consume damage.

FergusMacBolg

02-11-2013

Nunu is an iconic jungler?

iProbie

02-11-2013

I miss the day where I Q can kill the big wraith...

2pudge1cup

02-11-2013

not being able to 1 hit kill big camps with his consume is certainly a problem now.

i do disagree with needing madred's though.

get the spellvamp spirit stone upgrade and consume heal yourself for annoyingly high amounts.

honestly, if they will give any buffs i'd rather see them turn the iceblast slow duration to 3.5s. it was nerfed from 4s to 3s in S2, but now in S3 that there's other tenacity options outside of mercs and you can get slowed less from boots of swiftness/defense tree i think his iceblast could use a bit of a buff.

HIGAIZIMASMURF

02-11-2013

Yeah, it really seems like nunu has been forgotten. Though I guess it's side effect of having 100+ champs; some are going to get pushed under the bed for a while.

Take the Draw

02-11-2013

Quote:
2pudge1cup:
not being able to 1 hit kill big camps with his consume is certainly a problem now.

i do disagree with needing madred's though.

get the spellvamp spirit stone upgrade and consume heal yourself for annoyingly high amounts.

honestly, if they will give any buffs i'd rather see them turn the iceblast slow duration to 3.5s. it was nerfed from 4s to 3s in S2, but now in S3 that there's other tenacity options outside of mercs and you can get slowed less from boots of swiftness/defense tree i think his iceblast could use a bit of a buff.

The reason I suggested a Consume buff was because Riot has kneejerk overreactions to perceived imbalanced. So if Doublelift makes a Facebook post announcing that Nunu is overpowered, the balance police fire up Morello's private Nerf Hotline to make sure it's gutted within the week. Exhibit A: http://www.lolking.net/champions/nunu#statistics

So if Riot is convinced that support Nunu was over the top because other support players can't bother to learn Sona, then the most realistic buff is going to be one that distinctly buffs Nunu in the jungle and not Nunu in lane. Consume accomplishes that.

Quote:
FergusMacBolg:
Nunu is an iconic jungler?

He's one of only 11 champions that shows up if you filter "Jungler" in the Champions tab.