Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Critical] Yorick crashes the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsafe

02-11-2013

Basically if you try to play with a yorick in the game you bugsplat and it just fails miserably. Anyone who looks at yorick will bugsplat meaning all his allies will insta bugsplat and he will pretty much never load.

Repro:
1. Someone pick yorick
2. Yorick tries to load and bugsplats anyone who looks at him.

Edit: updated wording to be more clear.

mellophi

02-11-2013

Can sort of confirm this.
Yorick was in my last game, and if you looked at the enemy teams base (where yorick was) you would bugsplat and disconnect. Not sure if because of Yorick, but yeah, it happened.

Wagons

Huntsman

02-11-2013

It has been noted, will be disabled.

Ashurion

02-11-2013

Quote:
Phizzzz:
Can sort of confirm this.
Yorick was in my last game, and if you looked at the enemy teams base (where yorick was) you would bugsplat and disconnect. Not sure if because of Yorick, but yeah, it happened.

Yes it is.

Valunane

02-11-2013

I can confirm this as well. I decided to play yorick, and every time I loaded, it would instantly bug splat.

Zerglinator

02-11-2013

So Yorick walks into a bar. o(*GcMIh,i\oYksm3d%#ooN53EFOb[[vr0o=cns;l77'v}rp[npf .w

Dragonsafe

02-11-2013

I wonder if just remove yorick's model from your screen or using a custom skin on him would not have caused you to bugsplat. Then you could play yorick and pretend your Slenderman.

And now I'm regretting not trying this when I had the chance.

Uli1

02-11-2013

Quote:
Dragonsafe:
I wonder if just remove yorick's model from your screen or using a custom skin on him would not have caused you to bugsplat. Then you could play yorick and pretend your Slenderman.

And now I'm regretting not trying this when I had the chance.

You just had to replace the Yorick.inibin. That inibin file lost all model data so it was trying to load the model, skeleton, texture etc and not finding it (so swapping model would of not worked however replacing the Yorick.inibin with one from the live servers would of) and crashed when trying to draw it to screen.

Xelnath

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Whoops. I accidentally deleted the model data while trying to bring Yorick's file format up to par.

Whattayabrian came over and told me how I have shamed my family by breaking him.

Dragonsafe

02-11-2013

Quote:
Uli1:
You just had to replace the Yorick.inibin. That inibin file lost all model data so it was trying to load the model, skeleton, texture etc and not finding it (so swapping model would of not worked however replacing the Yorick.inibin with one from the live servers would of) and crashed when trying to draw it to screen.

Welp, if this ever happens again (hopefully it doesn't) there is hope for a slenderman minigame in league