How do you stop Garen top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDickRyze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Darius

BouncingDonut

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDickRyze View Post
Darius
no not really darius dosent counter garen at all cause darius dosent have any ranged attacks someone like zed, kennen, shen, xerath,panth can counter him cause they all have that poke remember garen IS PURE MELEE use that to your advantage get boots 3 or 5 if needed to kite him better

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardanJusik View Post
Thornmail. Vayne dies.
LOL thornmail is terrible. Also, Vayne will build life-steal and this is one of the main reasons why Thornmail sucks. Because Vayne will just life steal back the minuscule amount of damage she's taken from your thornmail passive. The only way to beat Vayne as Garen for top lane is to build something like Frozen Heart and Randuin's. Good luck with Thornmail.

Garen will never catch Vayne and she will kite and harass you to no ends. You get pushed out of lane. You have no CS. Thus you have no gold. You are forced to take some GP5 items like Philo Stone wh ich is essentially the only thing you can do unless your plan is to go balls deep every time your flash is up, which is still a bad idea because if you silence her she can just use cleanse/condemn you to a wall and you're dead with no flash.
---
Another only way Garen can win this is to let Vayne push lane and farm under turret; then wait for your jungler and mid to gank. Otherwise you will have a terrible time. OR you can try to snowball very early which is Garen's only way to beat Vayne. Assuming both are equally skilled of course.

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrui View Post
BT has at max 18% lifesteal I believe while Thornmail reflects 30% of damage done from basic attacks.

Magic damage...

Magic Resist.
??

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreIsan View Post
Elise destroys Garen top.
^This. The way Elise can kite and harass many top champs differ from any other champs. Elise is probably the best way you can kill Garen with the safest lane; more so than choosing some ADC top. However, don't get overconfident and use your spiderform to attack. You will still accumulate a lot of damage from Garen. Your primary way to fight against Garen is to use your human form Q. No matter what item he builds, he will lose a % of his health. His only bet is to stack MR and pray you aren't a good Elise. Elise will utterly destroy most top champs that is deemed OP like Darius, Cho'gath, Riven, even Irelia (although a good Irelia won't lose ever). Also, if it seems like you overextended and Garen or any top champ is about to come close enough to touch you, you use your snare and just laugh while following up with an easy W hit which is also then followed by Q.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrui View Post
Thornmail is a great item, but not against Vayne since her Silver Bolts procs for true damage. I've told my team to pretty much to build all Thornmail's before against this MF that was just destroying us (even me, and I was playing Twitch) and we turned the entire game around because she pretty much was counteracting her BT and doing damage to herself with every hit + the damage we did to her so she died very quickly in team fights. BT has at max 18% lifesteal I believe while Thornmail reflects 30% of damage done from basic attacks.
Not really. Thornmail is too expensive and too ineffective for such a price. Also, Garen doesn't need Thornmail against AD. If you have no tanks and you are building tanky to negate ADC, you build Frozen Heart/Randuins which is the best items against strong ADC's. Also, Randuin's active is fairly useful too.

The reason why I mention Vayne over any other ADC is BECAUSE of her W proc's on the 3rd hit. Garen's only hope to run away from you to prevent that 3rd hit is to use bushes or to use Q for the increased movement speed. Otherwise Garen will use it, crossing fingers to catch Vayne and hoping she forgets she has Condemn. Even if Garen somehow miraculously manages to build Frozen Heart/Randuins, Vayne will still be a nightmare because her Tumble allows her to reset autoattack at the end of the tumble. On top of that Condemn is very dangerous near walls. Garen will cry and the Vayne will have the happiest laning phase ever.

Roflstompingz

02-11-2013

Anyone with decent ranged poke and a strong engage is a perfectly viable champion to pick against the spin2win.

Riven also works (she can at least survive) when done properly.

DeShadow058

02-11-2013

my advice is to use kat. cuz she also doesnt hav mana, so u can spam her spells. plus her q is good poke. tho, if u and garen get into a 1v1 situation i think garen would probably destroy kat. so just poke as kat, and whenever he is low enough use your combo. make sure he uses his q first before popping your ulti.

Prince Zephyr

02-11-2013

If you got matched up with Garen using a weak early game champ e.g. Irelia, focus on farming. You can not expect to harass him all laning phase as he will stave off all your damage and beat you up in return.

So, focus on last hitting! Make gold and try not to die! You can kill him later in the game when you've farmed enough. Also, ask for ganks if you have a jungler, it could set Garen back a bit.

Try to freeze your lane as well near your own tower so garen won;t be able to farm your creeps!

FuzzyCheeks

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreIsan View Post
Elise destroys Garen top.
Elise ****ing destroys everyone.

AKA Seizure Spider Queen