Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you stop Garen top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shukarhazh

02-11-2013

Quote:
BardanJusik:
Thornmail. Vayne dies.

Wit's End, 3 autos at a time. Vayne takes minimal damage from herself and doesn't care about enemy defensive stats. Kite as usual

workthecorners

02-11-2013

i pick vlad vs garen its like vlad was built to beat garen he can match his sustain he can poke to keep garens passive off and if you are warded well and know garen has no help you can win every trade when he activates his dstrike you quickly eq combo him and right before he hits you the you either pool away or pool and stay right under him to eq him again if you do the latter you usually will only take half his spin to the face and you have healed most the damage it did anyways

i do think garen should run on energy at least tho be kinda like zed he runs out of energy if he spams his abilities too much but idk i dont think hes that op anyways so maybe no change

Hateloving

02-11-2013

malphite stops garen just q everytime the cool down ends and he wont have any health.

garen weakness is the passive cooldown so any ranged champion with dmg over time or mana less champions with pokes wreak him nicely

Wrekt

02-11-2013

COUNTER BRUISER BRUISER LUX! B. Greaves > V. Scepter > Lantern > G. Belt > Warmogs > C. Vest > Atmas > R. Bow > W. End > Sheen > T. Force.
People will think you be trolling until the enemie's garen, vi and singed rage quit.

The Dirty Dupid

02-11-2013

teemo is great if you build him with lots of hp early game and use your toxic darts to keep his passive from healing him. My teemo vs garen build is. start of game boots and 3 hp pots. then
Warmogs, Frozen mallet, attack speed boots, malady, death fire.

my runes are; 21 ap, 12 magic pen, 127 hp at level 18.

Mich567

02-11-2013

Teemo is a fairly strong Solo Top champion who counters a lot of melee champions, including Garen...
Attack Speed and Ability Power. Your shrooms are really helpful, and if he decides to initiate, just blind him (however, it won't stop his Q or E...). Play pretty careful, and just poke him and outfarm him. Ward and don't let him get too close...

PoisonedPeace

02-11-2013

Quote:
BardanJusik:
Thornmail. Vayne dies.

this made me lol

Anrui

02-11-2013

Quote:
ROKAF JE:
No, she doesn't.
Thornmail isn't good.

Thornmail is a great item, but not against Vayne since her Silver Bolts procs for true damage. I've told my team to pretty much to build all Thornmail's before against this MF that was just destroying us (even me, and I was playing Twitch) and we turned the entire game around because she pretty much was counteracting her BT and doing damage to herself with every hit + the damage we did to her so she died very quickly in team fights. BT has at max 18% lifesteal I believe while Thornmail reflects 30% of damage done from basic attacks.

Capt Poro Snax

02-11-2013

The only way to counter garen top would be to remove the bushes in and near the lane. On a more serious note being able to keep his passive off him goes a long way try to stay active in lane vs him given to much free time he will out sustain you.

BouncingDonut

02-11-2013

Quote:
BardanJusik:
Thornmail. Vayne dies.

Not at all if vayne even hits you 3 times it will tear you apart with that rue damage which isnt affected by thornmail