Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good 2's Comp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

badmiracle

02-11-2013

Hey,

I'm planning on going to a tournament in about 2 weeks or so, and the rules are, 2 vs 2 Twisted Treeline. I've been trying to work out some good 2's compositions and I still remain unsure about what would be best.

Assuming regular bans (Darius, Kayle, Singed..), do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any real contributions.

AndersMMO

02-11-2013

Jayce
Nidalee

Play the laning phase relatively passive and stalemate them whenever they go for any sort of objective push. Have your Jayce go relatively tanky so he can be your hard engage, and just poke them out with spears + Jayce Q before you fight, you have Nid heals for indefinite sustain as well so you'll simply out last them. Once you hit 25+ min.s 2-3 Nid spears = a won fight even if they stack MR.

EDIT:
BTW you can also have Nid set up trap walls in mid so you have no excuse to ever get caught.

PS: I don't know if you know to do this but you should be banning Cho'Gath in 100% of matches, his late game scaling is far too strong in situations with low numbers of players.

badmiracle

02-11-2013

Quote:
Ânders:
Jayce
PS: I don't know if you know to do this but you should be banning Cho'Gath in 100% of matches, his late game scaling is far too strong in situations with low numbers of players.

Would Cho still be as effective in 2's? I feel like his main purpose is his CC and tankyness, while relying on teammates to put out DPS. With only 1 other player on Cho's team, I don't think it would be quite as good.

AndersMMO

02-11-2013

Quote:
badmiracle:
Would Cho still be as effective in 2's? I feel like his main purpose is his CC and tankyness, while relying on teammates to put out DPS. With only 1 other player on Cho's team, I don't think it would be quite as good.

I feel like your statement is only applicable to the tanky SR build for Cho. If you build Cho Tanky AP he is a terror.

RoA > Guise > BFT > Abyssal/Wooglet's > Void

He'll do as much, if not more damage than, your average AP and his ultimate will be putting out true damage to the tune of nearly, if not even more than, 1,000. (The CDR from BFT and presumably masteries, makes his CDs frighteningly short and depending on opposing comp, he can 2v1 in a concerningly high number of situations.)

All those things apply in 3v3 making Cho a high tier 1 if not god tier in most players' opinions, and they don't change if you remove a player.

Sam

02-11-2013

You can also just go champions that win lanes no matter what situation.

Elise and Darius if you can get them

badmiracle

02-12-2013

Quote:
Sam:
You can also just go champions that win lanes no matter what situation.

Elise and Darius if you can get them

Ya I was thinking about Elise. I'm sure Darius will be banned though.