Announcing the Collegiate Program

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IvyLoL Rawrsoar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIDimension View Post
Do you have any advice to get this started? Such as make posters, etc?
To get started, all you have to do is play LoL!

But seriously, club formation at most universities is a fairly painless process. I can help you with your school if you would like. Shoot me an email at treysweeney@ivylol.com and we can chat about it.

Source: President of the club at my university and President of IvyLoL

TCCTheCopyCat

02-11-2013

Hi , i read about the collegiate program, and theres a big community over here, we would like to enter. But we are not from USA, we are from Mexico, is it possible we can also participate?

KevstyleZ

02-11-2013

They should have a rule where students must uphold a 3.5 GPA in order to participate and compete. This will enforce a balance between school work and gaming, much like any other college level sport. Anyways I love where this idea is going. No one at my college has a level 30 account though, so I don't know how it'll go haha.

Thanatar16

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy HoundMaster View Post
aaaaaaand yet another thing Canada gets too miss out on <3
EDIT: alright fine not all of Canada has to miss out, just me .-.
Agreed.. though I guess in my case not only do I live in Canada, but I go to a sh*tty school in a small town filled with rednecks...

RavenHusky

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCTheCopyCat View Post
Hi , i read about the collegiate program, and theres a big community over here, we would like to enter. But we are not from USA, we are from Mexico, is it possible we can also participate?
Jaws already said that all of North America is included, so look for your school, and if there isn't a club, work towards starting one.

ScaryCrazyPerson

02-11-2013

How hard would it be to start something like this for cities? I'm done with school. But it'd still be cool to start up a local adult LoL club.

MasterAvenger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

hey my university is not listed, I don't have the time to organise a team but i'm wondering if any more universities will be added

Town Park Radio

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Janas View Post
I thought we were at the stage where playing video games was socially acceptable.

Bunch of pussies who are afraid of other people finding out what they enjoy doing. Hint: If you're friends are so shallow that they will dismiss you as an acceptable person because you play LoL it's time to get some new friends.
Playing video games has not been socially unacceptable since the late 90's or so. What are you, twelve?

Calling people "pussies" for anything involving video games? Yeah, that's still socially unacceptable, and is likely to always be so. Go do something really competitive, like REAL sports or REAL intellectual pursuits; then you can call someone names. Except then you won't, because real sports and real intellectual pursuits encourage you to rise above such childishness and into sportsmanship.

Or, more likely, you'll try to do something real, fail, and fall back to video games.

It's a leisure activity.

Town Park Radio

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbog2829 View Post
They should have a rule where students must uphold a 3.5 GPA in order to participate and compete. This will enforce a balance between school work and gaming, much like any other college level sport. Anyways I love where this idea is going. No one at my college has a level 30 account though, so I don't know how it'll go haha.
For all people try to make fun of football and chess and whatnot, there's that.

Orthan

02-11-2013

This is sweet