Announcing the Collegiate Program

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Mako View Post
Sounds like it's time to start that club I've been thinking about! Yo RiotJaws, should I start the organization officially with my university first or start it with Riot and then establish it here?
Part of the process involves having a faculty advisor and constitution, you might as well start with the school and find some members.

Airani

02-11-2013

I'm just heading into college this August, and I must say that I find this very exciting. Not a lot of players at my high school, so I'm hoping there's a club at my college by the time I get there. XD

Lord Janas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

I thought we were at the stage where playing video games was socially acceptable.

Bunch of pussies who are afraid of other people finding out what they enjoy doing. Hint: If you're friends are so shallow that they will dismiss you as an acceptable person because you play LoL it's time to get some new friends.

Hemp Plants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

meh.

SethCypher

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Janas View Post
I thought we were at the stage where playing video games was socially acceptable.

Bunch of pussies who are afraid of other people finding out what they enjoy doing. Hint: If you're friends are so shallow that they will dismiss you as an acceptable person because you play LoL it's time to get some new friends.
I haven't actually met anyone like that. Even people who are just acquaintances just react with:

"I play video games in my spare time."
"Oh cool, do you play that game...oh what's it called? League of Legends?"
"Yeah, I play it regularly."

Then you start to converse about it and trail off to other things. Seriously, I've rarely met anyone who insults people for playing video games on leisure time.

Morec0

02-11-2013

This is a fascinating idea. Back when I started I remember hearing talk from some other League players around the college about starting a club, but it never went anywhere. Maybe this will ressurect it? Very interested to see where this goes!

PIDimension

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Do you have any advice to get this started? Such as make posters, etc?

Csar8

02-11-2013

your system is flawed, why would you lose points or lose promotion if u dodged a ranked match. it makes no sense. You dodge to avoid trolls and eventually prevent losing the series or points. If you allowe this you are helping people being troll and honest player having to suck it up and stay with this *******s...not fair riot...not fair. You need to do something about it

RavenHusky

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csar8 View Post
your system is flawed, why would you lose points or lose promotion if u dodged a ranked match. it makes no sense. You dodge to avoid trolls and eventually prevent losing the series or points. If you allowe this you are helping people being troll and honest player having to suck it up and stay with this *******s...not fair riot...not fair. You need to do something about it
This thread is not even related to ranked play.

IvyLoL Rawrsoar

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalEconomist View Post
Interesting, it would be nice to see major collegiate tournaments going on in the future
These things DO already exist!!

I am president of IvyLoL, a collegiate LoL organization, which features over 250 ACTIVE schools across NA and Canada. These teams which consists of students at their respective university compete against each other. Our last season which concluded at an event we held in conjunction with Texas eSports Association, featured UC Irvine, UT Austin, UC San Diego, and Georgia Tech, had a $5k prize pool along side a professional event with FeaR, CLG.EU (now EG), Curse, and exQuantic gaming. We're in the middle of a qualifier to send a collegiate team to compete at IPL 6 along side the professional teams.

If you would like to receive more information, feel free to email me at treysweeney@ivylol.com or checkout our site www.ivylol.com or follow us on twitter @ivylol and facebook at facebook.com/ivylolesports