PSA: A Message to pubs [ADAM]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

02-12-2013

Some really bad advice here, and some good advice as well but it doesn't matter. Telling people to not build CDR on AP is unforgivable.

Xtazed

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrosPigeon View Post
Here is the ultimate guideline to be a better pub in ADAM.

1) No, ADAM is not a typo and does not mean ARAM. Stop joining and dodging every single champion select.

2) Stop asking for Lux or Nid when you're last pick. Also stop suggesting Blitz as a ban.

3) Use armor seals and mr glyphs. I know you need that +2AD from your glyphs to unlock your full potential as Ashe, but the world is simply not ready.

4) Don't go flash ignite. Ever. And don't even think of clarity.

5) Use barrier.

6) Stop going melee range when playing Xerath or Ashe

7) Rush AD items when playing an AD carry. No, Phantom Dancer is not an AD item.

8) Don't build Manamune on AD carry. Just don't.

9) Don't rush Morello or Grail as AP carry. Get Deathcap and do actual damage.

10) Don't rush Void Staff when your enemies have on average 35 mr. I know it's tempting but don't do it. Same goes for AD carries and LW.

11) Stop picking Blitzcrank, you're not good with him. Even if you have a skin.

12) Don't play Steve either.

13) Stop picking Karthus, Zilean, Gangplank, Mundo, Ryze, Teemo, Annie, Shaco...

14) ... Pick Sona

15) Build Bulwark

ENJOY
Great words of wisdom from both a scholar and a handsome gentleman. The world just wouldn't be the same in your absense, thank you for your omniscience oh my good lord.

GrosPigeon

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Some really bad advice here, and some good advice as well but it doesn't matter. Telling people to not build CDR on AP is unforgivable.
Never said not to build it just not to rush it.

ZOMGTURTLE

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
Manamune on Ashe? And take like 5 hours to charge it up?
You're way better off rushing Infinity Edge on ANY AD carry.
Psssst. Ashe's Frost Shot charges up tear. She can get it charged faster than most characters by just leaving that on.

Honestly, some great basic advice in this thread, and some crappy advice. Taken with a grain of salt, this could definitely improve game quality some, but skill is gonna be a much bigger factor than whether someone chose to take a different summ spell over heal/barrier...

Razrmeister

02-14-2013

Quote:

1) No, ADAM is not a typo and does not mean ARAM. Stop joining and dodging every single champion select.

2) Stop asking for Lux or Nid when you're last pick. Also stop suggesting Blitz as a ban.

3) Use armor seals and mr glyphs. I know you need that +2AD from your glyphs to unlock your full potential as Ashe, but the world is simply not ready.

5) Use barrier.

7) Rush AD items when playing an AD carry. No, Phantom Dancer is not an AD item.

10) Don't rush Void Staff when your enemies have on average 35 mr. I know it's tempting but don't do it. Same goes for AD carries and LW.

11) Stop picking Blitzcrank, you're not good with him. Even if you have a skin.

12) Don't play Steve either.

13) Stop picking Karthus, Zilean, Gangplank, Mundo, Ryze, Teemo, Annie, Shaco...

14) ... Pick Sona

15) Build Bulwark

ENJOY
These were the funniest parts, thank you OP.

GrosPigeon

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
These were the funniest parts, thank you OP.
You're the one bringing entertainement here.

Basist

02-15-2013

Quote:

5) Use barrier.

4.) I take Flash Ignite on plenty of champs because guess what, barrier isn't the end all spell. They have 2+ heals? See how long before you lose without ignite. I take Flash/Ignite whenever I get Kat, problem?

5.) Barrier isn't that great depending on who you play as. Multiple mages on your team/champs like Ez who spam spells? A clarity can help them out immensely, stop being bad.

6.) Sometimes you have to go melee range to entice the enemy team into focusing you for a couple of seconds to save your teammate ultimately winning you the fight. Stop being bad.

7.) Let's see how well you do with 200 AD when you don't even have 1.0 aspd and your precious seconds attacking before being CC'd are nulled. That early Zeal can help you kite attack/outrun whoever is chasing you. I'd rather attack twice and get a crit or two depending on who I'm playing.

8.) Corki/Ezreal say go f**k yourself

9.) Let's see how well that Deathcap does when you are only able to do one spell rotation or die before doing it all rather than being able to do more than one combo. Some champs are better off with higher CDR and more importantly the Grievous Wounds debuff which can kill the enemys heals/regen if they have Warmog. Stop being so narrowminded.

13.) Just because you suck with Ryze doesn't mean he's bad.

GrosPigeon

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
4.) I take Flash Ignite on plenty of champs because guess what, barrier isn't the end all spell. They have 2+ heals? See how long before you lose without ignite. I take Flash/Ignite whenever I get Kat, problem?

5.) Barrier isn't that great depending on who you play as. Multiple mages on your team/champs like Ez who spam spells? A clarity can help them out immensely, stop being bad.

6.) Sometimes you have to go melee range to entice the enemy team into focusing you for a couple of seconds to save your teammate ultimately winning you the fight. Stop being bad.

7.) Let's see how well you do with 200 AD when you don't even have 1.0 aspd and your precious seconds attacking before being CC'd are nulled. That early Zeal can help you kite attack/outrun whoever is chasing you. I'd rather attack twice and get a crit or two depending on who I'm playing.

8.) Corki/Ezreal say go f**k yourself

9.) Let's see how well that Deathcap does when you are only able to do one spell rotation or die before doing it all rather than being able to do more than one combo. Some champs are better off with higher CDR and more importantly the Grievous Wounds debuff which can kill the enemys heals/regen if they have Warmog. Stop being so narrowminded.

13.) Just because you suck with Ryze doesn't mean he's bad.
I like how you feel the need to insult me to expose your arguments.

4) Flash + Ignite is only good for champs that can survive without barrier.

5) Barrier is ridiculously good, it's better than heal in any way possible except that it doesn't help your teammates. Also unaffected by grievious wound.

7) I only said to rush an AD item first not to only build AD with no AS or crit. Early Zeal is trash. Never get crit item before damage.

8) If you run oom on Ez or Corki it doesn't mean you need manamune, it means you need to manage your mana better. There are relics for that, maybe your support will even get you mm if you are nice.

9) Not sure what you're trying to say. Like I can only get one "rotation" because I have no cdr, as if 20% cdr from morello would allow me to do 2 "rotations", sounds like it's 50% cdr not 20%.

100% cooldown time -> one rotation
80% cooldown time -> two rotations
Cool.

Also the grievious wound only procs on target below 40% health, good luck getting them there considering they have a warmog and you deal no damage because you rushed morello.

13) I admire your logic. I just listed the champions most people pick and do terrible with, not champs I am having trouble with. Who the hell has trouble smartcasting QWQWERQWEQWRWQEWQRWE? Wait... apparently lots of people...

Basist

02-16-2013

I don't have to insult you, but I felt like it. You are telling people what to do like you know everything, that's more offensive.

GrosPigeon

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
I don't have to insult you, but I felt like it.
The internet in a nutshell.