Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cannot open the regular patcher/launcher.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

notblackjack

02-11-2013

Hello,

Today I encountered a problem where if I open the normal patcher, it will actually open the PBE patcher instead. I have tried numerous things to fix this, including restarting the computer and opening it from inside the installation folder.
Note that when the league of legends logo appears, it flickers 3 to 4 times before the patcher comes up. If I open the PBE patcher directly, it won't flicker at all.
Also, this might actually be a problem on my side, as I am no longer admin. In that case I would love to know how I might be able to fix this.

~notblackjack

ploki122

02-11-2013

Are you sure both installations aren't in the same folder? If you put both clients in like C:\Riot Games, clients may and will conflict together creating a ****ton of bugs.

notblackjack

02-11-2013

Yeah I'm sure.
I've had both installations for quite a while but this is the first time that this happened. I am now going to see what would happen if I delete my PBE installation.

OoMetaleuXoO

02-11-2013

Run as Administrator, should do the trick.

notblackjack

02-11-2013

Already tried that, but it keeps opening the PBE launcher.
Also, I removed the PBE install and now it just crashes immediately when I start it.

notblackjack

02-12-2013

Bump. It still opens the PBE launcher...

notblackjack

02-15-2013

bump. I still have the problem. Now I can't log into PBE either because the login queue is over 9000.

notblackjack

02-16-2013

bump. sry for all the bumps but I just want to be able to play on the live server... Maybe someone can tell me which file tells the program which launcher to run?

Cheiron

Huntsman

02-16-2013

have you tried reinstalling the live client?

Just a forum acc

02-16-2013

Reinstall both clients.

EDIT: damn ninja'd. Should refresh more often