Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

heimerdinger question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hipster Hippie

02-11-2013

So I have been playing heimerdinger recently and I really enjoy playing him. I read the guides and the way they build heim makes him like paper with purely ap.

I have been building him a little bit more beefy with my core item being archangels. After I finished that I would build items with mana depending on other teams comp.

typical build vs balanced team

archangels, banshee , frozen heart, sorcerers boots, rylias , ROA.

this gives me (not including runes or masteries)

2.7k health
347 ap
4k mana
151 armor
80 magic resist.

for a total cost of 15.2k gold. which is easy to get on heim by farming alone. I am aware that with the 347 ap (which is still quite alot in my books) I don't get as many kills but heim doesn't really need kills, being the master of farming and all.

Wondering if my build is even remotely logical or I have been really lucky recently, and comments would be appreciated

edit: I just played a game and realized that auras affect turrets so I was wondering if Aegis of the Legion might be viable if other team constantly picks off turrets.

Z The Slayer

02-11-2013

Your build is fine, but with all that survivability, you can't really do anything other than having your turrets inflict their debuffs. Without magic pen or a really high AP value (400+), you'll find your damage to be only subpar.

Zonya's usually can force you to win against anyone who tries to jump you as long as your turrets are nearby. With it, you can sacrifice a lot of your tanky items for pure damage ones, like Liandry's Torment or Rabadon's Deathcap. As far as tanky items go, focus on your turrets and spells, so Rylai's, Zonya's and (as you mentioned before) Runic Bulwark.

Do keep in mind, your turrets do not proc Liandry's. This is no problem, though, since you consistently hit with your missiles (if you know how to make them work correctly), and consistency is the most important thing about Liandry's, which is doubly effective when combined with Rylai's. The additional magic penetration, in combination with your high AP, will make you a force to be reckoned with. Just make sure to stick behind your team and rely on Zonya's to survive and you'll do great.

Full build:
Sorc. Boots, Zonya's, Archangel's, Liandry's, Rabadon's, Rylai's.
I find that I don't need Archangel's if I take either Teleport (works well with turrets, and gives you more mana sustain) or Clarity (more sustain than teleport, but obviously less mobile).

Hipster Hippie

02-11-2013

I obviously know the normal heim build is ideal for sheer damage output and is perfect is you have perfect map awareness, most likely you will find yourself in a sticky situation and with the normal heim build while your damage might be greater you'll be dead so it really doesnt matter.

--> if you stack mana, Seraph's Embrace's passive will give you a 1000 hp shield (.25 of mana)
--> banshee prevents a lot of ganks, (ie rocket arm)
--> frozen heart deduces enemies attack speed and gives 20% cd
> this cooldown allows you to spam rockets which is your only real damage (increase damage)

I think swaping zonya's with rabadon's might be an option. because 9 times out of 10 nobody with half a mind is going to gank you by your turrets, and by the time you place them down you're dead. so if you use zonya's they'll just wait for 2 seconds and then kill you.

not a fan on liandry's since all of hiems spells are multi target (only half of the normal effect). not too sure if 2.5% of total health is worth 800 gold. Abyssal scepter might be better since the aura helps team and turrets as well as yourself.

also not a fan of rylai's simply because the passive is a waste on heim since you should not be chasing anyone down, and this is really only for rockets. I guess it would be useful in team fights but I imagine that you'll already have ulti on so they should already be slowed.

Kmp

02-11-2013

You should consider a banner of command and using teleport/flash.

Since the banner works on your turrets and if you were to say do the "normal heimer build" and just go glasscannon ap then this makes your turrets go above 200 damage easily with 500.

What runes/masteries are you using with this build?

Hipster Hippie

02-11-2013

I typically always use teleport/flash

masteries are 21/6/3

had to get that movement speed

runes: magic pen and movement (but just using because I havent bought specific one for heim)

The main reason when I dont like heim build as a glass cannon is because without decent defense he is like a ap with movement speed of tank (he has the slowest base in the game). The reason glass cannon is so effective is because they typically have the movement speed to re-position as needed to avoid damage or a escape which heim is lacking.

even if you have perfect positioning, if you dont have turrets down when team fight starts (up to your team to have fight over turrets), you have to try and place them which is just asking to get messed up. (maybe a lucky grenade and place when stun, but i doubt you can stun everyone)

so my logic is if your slow like a tank, require to be semi close to place turrets, and lack escape, might as well go ap off tank (or at least beefy carry)

Rawrful

02-11-2013

I build a non-glass cannon Heimer every game. Rod of Ages and Banner every game. Sometimes double Rod, sometimes Archangels for the shield. Deathcap. Essentially, you want lots of HP so you don't insta-die, but you need AP to do damage. You aren't a burst caster, so you don't need the billion AP builds.

Hipster Hippie

02-12-2013

I personally think that glass cannon hiem is ideal, IF you have 100% perfect positioning (which i must be honest, I do not). Maybe one day i'll have that, or the heim rework that has been delayed for an extremely long time will happen. (Just kidding that'll never happen. )

Zinzon

02-14-2013

Heimer is my main and i can tell you that a PURE AP build is awsome but i agree that you need perfect positionning in team fight. But remember, heimer have huge range and should never be close in combat unless someone dash on you. A must item is Hourglass as your turrets continue to shoot enemy while you are invincible. Further more, if you go PURE AP you will deal huge AOE dmg.

YOU MUST LEARN TO LAND (stun) E NEAR YOU AT A 90% RATE!!! Cause this skill is awsome at lvl 18 because of his low cooldown. This allow PURE AP heimer to live longer and kill melee champions late game.

For tanky heimer i would suggest you top lane because the team need a dmg dealer on mid for the map control and those turrets shred tank.

Feel free to add me

Ziguezon