Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No boots this season?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

knormanx

02-11-2013

Curious. Am I the only one that finds that I either don't finish boots, nor not get any entirely until near the end of the match? There were a few games where I never got boots at all

Map Awareness

Recruiter

02-11-2013

As a support, unless Blitzcrank happens to be picked by the enemy team (which just doesn't happen anymore), I buy boots until I get my GP10 and basic Sightstone.

Vulpse

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Most of the time I forget to get boots on Lulu until I have 3 or 4 items

Voliboar

02-11-2013

Usually I save buy the boots 2 immediately ignoring the boots 1 totally. If I don't have enough money I usually go for something more useful, like a ruby crystal

MisterMoogle

02-11-2013

Noob use boots.
I use 6 phantom dancer as my resource of speed.

Ferr3t

02-11-2013

I usually have basic boots by 15 minutes and Tier 1 by 20, but yeah, sometimes I just don't even buy them. They've stopped being mandatory. Isn't that awesome?

A Blind Moron

02-11-2013

When I play Renekton I don't buy boots until I have Warmogs

SonOfTheDevil

02-11-2013

I finish my boots usually 2nd or 3rd when I jungle...that extra ms makes ganking much more deadly

Drekor

02-11-2013

Only time I wouldn't have boots is on a 6 item adc

Evolnemesis

02-11-2013

yeah for a jungler or anyone that likes to gank a lot like certain mid champs, a little extra ms goes a long way (though I think runes/masteries can give you a lot more), but I do find they really don't make as much of an impact anymore... I like to get a few core items first now before finishing mine.