Dear Diamonds who keep getting queued with me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicRatt View Post
I played with a Diamond player yesterday in a normal game. Wow is all I can say.
Seriously. I don't understand how being marginally successful at a computer game can lead to such ******tery.

Limiting Reagent

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
Yes, I am silver, I make silver plays, I have silver skills, and I make silver decisions. *****ing about me all game does not make this any different. Besides, you have bigger things to worry about - your mmr has fallen to the point where you're being matched up with silvers.
Truth. Arguing about the elo that was earned last season is stupid. If they're being matched up to you, they're at your level (or duoing).

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitah View Post
I lol'd when I lolkinged him.
Diamond V, Platinum III on his team.
They queued up with someone that wasn't ranked probably, thus leading to them being paired with him.
Everyone on my team was bordered, silver (2 of us) was the lowest.

AlmightyAtheismo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
are we looking at actual division/tier or their loading screen frame when calling people diamond/gold.

because, dunno if you noticed, but elo boosting was a thing.

Go look him up on LoLking. Check out his latest game (J4 Jungle - Defeat). Then extend the match and look up each of the people on the enemy team (you can just right click + Open in new tab). Of his 5 opponents, only two were remotely close to him (still about a full Division above him). Two of his opponents had a 1.7k and 1.9k LoLking rating. The 1.9k dude is currently Plat III

Those are CURRENT ratings, not just the load screen borders from last season.

Pretty messed up.

LotusThisGuy

02-11-2013

just got queued with saintvicious' smurf yesterday

fun game for sure... NOT zzz

went on stream, so much pressure that made me do terrible gg

Nana A Deviluke

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyAtheismo View Post
Go look him up on LoLking. Check out his latest game (J4 Jungle - Defeat). Then extend the match and look up each of the people on the enemy team (you can just right click + Open in new tab). Of his 5 opponents, only two were remotely close to him (still about a full Division above him). Two of his opponents had a 1.7k and 1.9k LoLking rating. The 1.9k dude is currently Plat III

Pretty messed up.
Their MMR could also be higher - rather than everyone else having a lower MMR.

Wonder if OP thought of that?

Grandpappy

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyAtheismo View Post

Pretty messed up.
I'm a decent player when I'm supporting and my ISP isn't acting up. I'm definitely a silver jungler, especially with J4.

WindowsVista

02-11-2013

I was Gold 1 and I have been consistently matched with Plat 1 and Diamond V players. This made my promotion series into a rather difficult affair. On the bright side, I gain 25-32 lp per win. This might be a case where either their MMR has dropped, or your MMR is just higher.

Grandpappy

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana A Deviluke View Post
Their MMR could also be higher - rather than everyone else having a lower MMR.

Wonder if OP thought of that?
Indeed. I skipped a division on my last win streak in ranked, and I'm consistently queued with golds. But that doesn't change the fact that I have a silver border, which means I make silver ganks and lose dragon/baron with my silver smiting.

troyizzle

Senior Recruiter

02-11-2013

Try your best! also Diamond shouldn't yell at Silver but instead give some tips on how to help them improve. Yelling doesn't solve anything but giving them tips does improve their game in the future.