Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stricter PBE? Stricter PBE forum rules?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kraddark13

02-11-2013

I know there's forum rules in the new player forums. But I was wondering if we could get some PBE forum specific rules? For instance I wouldn't mind having someone get called out on the pbe forums for toxic behavior, only because there is supposed to be zero tolerance on the pbe and those of us keeping in line should be a close-knit family and any toxicity should be removed immediately. I know the new System that detects toxic behavior is supposed to auto ban but I have yet to see it have any affect on the pbe.

This is just an idea, please feel free to tell me why it wouldn't work, throw in your own suggestions, etc.

gintsu

02-11-2013

I love the idea of the forums being more of a close-knit family but unfortunately there is no calling players out of any kind on forums. I would love to see the community grow more into a family. =p

Slappyhorse

02-11-2013

More strict, not stricter

Kraddark13

02-11-2013

Outing aside, I still would like to see a list of PBE forum specific rules. Because we are in the beta and we should be acting at a higher standard than those on normal in regards to our behavior.

ploki122

02-11-2013

Removing rules (such as calling out names) is imo a bad idea. Calling out names is prohibited because it can only leads to a flame war...

Someone will have a bad game while playing an uncommon pick, 1-2 persons will post on the forum about him being a troll and whatsoever, the accused will create a forum post about XYZ's negative attitude and just ask to report them, and it goes in circles...

However I could see added rules such as "forum search enforcement" (if you create duplicate threads too many times, you may get temporarily muted on forum), or maybe even some minimal information in threads. Basically, anything that will make the forum less cluttered.

andys5538

02-11-2013

Quote:
gintsu:
I love the idea of the forums being more of a close-knit family but unfortunately there is no calling players out of any kind on forums. I would love to see the community grow more into a family. =p

it was a family a year ago, when you had to wait 15 min for a ranked game

Candellumin

Huntsman

02-11-2013

Quote:
andys5538:
it was a family a year ago, when you had to wait 15 min for a ranked game

I remember the times where the 8 people in Public Chat 1 had to organize custom games to play on Summoner's Rift because people would be booted for inactivity waiting in normal queue.

This was back before they started releasing new champions on the PBE before live.

Kraddark13

02-11-2013

The idea to remove calling out names on the forums is really just me trying to help out with the toxicity on the pbe. I haven't played a serious game in well over 3 months. But like I said, with that aside, some PBE specific rules would very much benefit all of us.

namora

02-11-2013

Quote:
Kraddark13:
Outing aside, I still would like to see a list of PBE forum specific rules. Because we are in the beta and we should be acting at a higher standard than those on normal in regards to our behavior.

Outing aside? Outing aside, I agree, we should have a set of rules that set the standard for what you should be doing, and what should not be done. I would even go as far as to say you have to read these rules before playing the game(at least on the PBE). However, this is at the digression of Riot, so there are 2 things you can do. You can wait for a response or you can do most of the work for them(compile forum rules, give it a pretty, but professional format) and poke them until they look at it and say "OMG THIS IS AMAZING, WE HAVE TO PUT THIS ON THERE!" There's probably more things you could do, but I lost my creativity after the ^ above.

Of course, all of this is with outing aside. Once outing is included, you can ditch the whole plan, as I don't foresee it going through on either end, Riot or ours.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

02-11-2013

Quote:
Candellumin:
I remember the times where the 8 people in Public Chat 1 had to organize custom games to play on Summoner's Rift because people would be booted for inactivity waiting in normal queue.

This was back before they started releasing new champions on the PBE before live.

Such good times. When you had to be invited to the PBE to be able to join! D: