Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Players are ranked inaccurately in my League.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greedily

02-11-2013

Quote:
so Ravishing:
There would be better balance if a few things were changed:

1.) Start at 50 LP after being promoted
2.) Can gain over 100 LP if you win the 1st match of a promotion series
3.) Have demotion series.
4.) Show Elo rating.

They don't want to show Elo. But the other 3 points are good ideas...

octavian1127

02-11-2013

You do gain over 100 LP in a promotion series. You have more LP after failing with 1W 2L, than you do if failing with just 2L

Ravishing

02-11-2013

Quote:
octavian1127:
You do gain over 100 LP in a promotion series. You have more LP after failing with 1W 2L, than you do if failing with just 2L

Are you sure about this? I clearly remember being ~64 LP after going 1-2 in Promotion series. I could certainly be wrong... perhaps I was drunk at the time. idk.

Ravishing

02-11-2013

The way the system works, you could go .500 in Ranked but be a much lower division than where you started. That seems wrong. With just showing Elo, you could be satisfied that you haven't lost any ground, but in this system you can lose ground even if you go .500. (My example in original post shows going .500 but being an entire division lower)

Giotto

02-11-2013

The biggest problem with the new system is how badly you are punish for going on a losing streak at 0 LP.

Ravishing

02-11-2013

Quote:
Giotto:
The biggest problem with the new system is how badly you are punish for going on a losing streak at 0 LP.

Yup there are too many punishments and too little reward. Get demoted? Lose 50 LP instantly and have to win ~4-5 games to get promoted again... Get promoted? Start at 0 LP and only need to lose ~3 games in a row to get demoted again. So unbalanced and very demoralizing.

KirbyCake

02-11-2013

you must be destroying noobs, I get 30~ lp per win and -8 per loss playing against people 2k elo players in a division thats 2.2k+ elo

Ravishing

02-11-2013

Quote:
KirbyCake:
I get 30~ lp per win and -8 per loss playing against people 2k elo players in a division thats 2.2k+ elo

You are matched against people similar to your elo. If you're 2k elo than you are likely only being paired against 2.2k+ elo when matchmaking system has to expand criteria due to less people searching for games. If its during peak time you should be getting games with players around your same elo.

Matchmaking doesnt care about division or tier.

Ravishing

02-11-2013

Quote:
KirbyCake:
you must be destroying noobs

Thing is, we get matched with players of similar Elo so even though we'll gain more LP on a victory it is still just as challenging to get promoted up and requires a string of luck, too.

Ravishing

02-12-2013

I concur.