There are only 4 summoner spells to choose from in league.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doumz

02-11-2013

When you play ADC vs a team with tons of CC you can go cleanse,
When you play ADC vs a team with low CC but non-skillshot ones you can go Barrier.
When you play ADC vs another ADC that will get cleanse you can go HEAL.

Clairvoyance / Revive are at this state because that type of spells are hard to balance.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

I see Heals, Cleanse and CV all the time. I also see Barrier often enough that I don't think it needs tweaking. Revive is highly specialized. Smite is nearly as important as Flash.

Really, Clarity is the only terrible summoner. But that is because good mana management is easy, and mana hungry champs get blue, or pick up a chalice.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Clairvoyance and Cleanse is used a lot too... For sure the most common is flash, ghost, ignite, exhaust but it is like that for a reason. The summoner spell choices depends on what kind of team comp you got and what kind of play style the team is going for.

You're trying to change too much. Revive is too OP in your version. Also, you say Cleanse won't save an ADC when he is being focused by CC. It does. I take cleanse on Vayne about 80% of the time and it always ends up saving my life. That coupled with QSS/GA and it's not even worth focusing Vayne aka it's GG for them.

Sachen

02-11-2013

Nope revive is not too OP at all in my version. You would only be alive for 20 seconds without taking any damage. and 30 seconds with the enhanced version. Revive as it is now is too UP. To the point where if you pick it, your getting reported.

Heals are mediocre, barrier is mediocre cleanse needs to be reworked before i even consider it over exhaust on my support. Considering the introduction of sight stones makes warding properly alot easier on supports.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachen View Post
Nope revive is not too OP at all in my version. You would only be alive for 20 seconds without taking any damage. and 30 seconds with the enhanced version. Revive as it is now is too UP. To the point where if you pick it, your getting reported.

Heals are mediocre, barrier is mediocre cleanse needs to be reworked before i even consider it over exhaust on my support. Considering the introduction of sight stones makes warding properly alot easier on supports.
Cleanse is never taken on support; it's taken on the ADC or even rarer cases the AP Mid because they will be focused the most and in team fights, Cleanse changes game around. If the enemy team is CC heavy and they get split but their initiatiors like Jax/Vi combo gets on you, that Cleanse will be used in time for Jax's counter-strike AFTER he and Vi has used their gap closers to jump on you. This gives your team enough time to react and delete both of them from the map while you maintain sustain damage.

And 20 seconds? That is a long time and very OP in your version. Most of the times team fights don't even last 20 seconds so AFTER you die, you are revived for additional 20 seconds pretty much dying and re-entering a team fight and staying as a "ghost" (assuming you are not targeted) and stay even after the team fight has ended. How is that not OP? Everyone will take revive then. And what of Karthus/Yorick? They will be just that much more OP.

As far as your list goes, it is very misinformed. Sure the 4 summoner spells are the most common but some of the spells you are asking for a buff will never happen. Cleanse is fine the way it is. I mean if it is buffed a lot, there is really no point going CC heavy team anymore because Cleanse + QSS will just negate any form of CC which it already does so buffing it will just render CC focusing useless in team fights.
---
if you want to revive after a fight and rejoin, just buy Guardian Angel. Nothing needs to be done with Revive. Some still take revive for strategic purposes if they think the game will go to under their turret/Nexus and then it'll be a clutch spell. But other than that, it's really not a good spell to take ever because GA exists.

Sachen

02-11-2013

Quote:
Cleanse is never taken on support; it's taken on the ADC or even rarer cases the AP Mid because they will be focused the most and in team fights, Cleanse changes game around. If the enemy team is CC heavy and they get split but their initiatiors like Jax/Vi combo gets on you, that Cleanse will be used in time for Jax's counter-strike AFTER he and Vi has used their gap closers to jump on you. This gives your team enough time to react and delete both of them from the map while you maintain sustain damage.

And 20 seconds? That is a long time and very OP in your version. Most of the times team fights don't even last 20 seconds so AFTER you die, you are revived for additional 20 seconds pretty much dying and re-entering a team fight and staying as a "ghost" (assuming you are not targeted) and stay even after the team fight has ended. How is that not OP? Everyone will take revive then. And what of Karthus/Yorick? They will be just that much more OP.

As far as your list goes, it is very misinformed. Sure the 4 summoner spells are the most common but some of the spells you are asking for a buff will never happen. Cleanse is fine the way it is. I mean if it is buffed a lot, there is really no point going CC heavy team anymore because Cleanse + QSS will just negate any form of CC which it already does so buffing it will just render CC focusing useless in team fights.
---
if you want to revive after a fight and rejoin, just buy Guardian Angel. Nothing needs to be done with Revive. Some still take revive for strategic purposes if they think the game will go to under their turret/Nexus and then it'll be a clutch spell. But other than that, it's really not a good spell to take ever because GA exists.
I never said cleanse was taken on support champions that's first. And yes on someone like Vayne cleanse is a good spell she has very nigh mobility coupled with flash. But the spell is still lacking. Next you point out how someone who uses revive to come back is op. Dude its called you killed the guy so run away. He will die on his own.

Also if everyone takes revive people with ignites and flash will win because they will kill your entire team sure you can revive but they just disengage. Balance is important in any team.

Also please point out anywhere in my thread where i am mis-informed and i will correct it and give you credit for it. Thank you for your opinions i really appreciate them.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Also, if you are the ADC that took Cleanse and you get focused with some more CC after you use it; you need better positioning instead of asking for a buff on cleanse. Barrier is also taken a lot nowadays too; not as often but it's still taken. And you know what? It definitely gives a surprise edge during lane fight initiations. I would say it's not as useful in team fights but in lane fights when you are trading and it's just you and the enemy, you are about to die; that Barrier will just have saved your life as well as gotten you a kill. Coupled that with a sustain support for ADC, barrier becomes a much more powerful spell to have which increases your survivability by a TON.

Heal is still useful spell to take. It's not taken as often as it used to but it's still useful and even good players may get baited with heal. It also provides good sustain for laning phase (which is its primary use during laning phase) so that you can stay in lane if you are about to be pushed out and lose a lot of xp/cs.

I like what you'er trying to do; really. Trying to change from the meta but the summoner spells at least are the way they should be for a reason. You're trying to make summoner spells useful in all areas of the game. Some of these spells with different utilities are only powerful in certain parts of the game like laning phase, mid game, late game. They are the way they are for a reason. And the spells you are saying is UP is not UP. You just need to learn how to use it and how to not keep getting caught/poked.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Quote:
I never said cleanse was taken on support champions that's first. And yes on someone like Vayne cleanse is a good spell she has very nigh mobility coupled with flash. But the spell is still lacking. Next you point out how someone who uses revive to come back is op. Dude its called you killed the guy so run away. He will die on his own.

Also if everyone takes revive people with ignites and flash will win because they will kill your entire team sure you can revive but they just disengage. Balance is important in any team.

Also please point out anywhere in my thread where i am mis-informed and i will correct it and give you credit for it. Thank you for your opinions i really appreciate them.
You can't just run away in a team fight. So if ADC/APC takes revive and you killed one of them, you immediately disengage with the rest of the enemy team on you? And the dead carry has just revived and is chasing you so you're still screwed either way. Your version of revive REMOVES balance. If let's say Riot implements Revive of your version. The team that does what you are advising after killing someone with Revive will always lose every team fights.

Sachen

02-11-2013

What about the enemy Adc using the current revive along with teleport to teleport back into the fight via a ward and they come in with revive speed boost and home guard boost + bonus health. What do you say to that? That also sounds pretty op. Also your forgetting revive has a 9 minute cooldown. Your not going to use it every team fight and when you do use it you better make sure its worth it.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Quote:
What about the enemy Adc using the current revive along with teleport to teleport back into the fight via a ward and they come in with revive speed boost and home guard boost + bonus health. What do you say to that? That also sounds pretty op. Also your forgetting revive has a 9 minute cooldown. Your not going to use it every team fight and when you do use it you better make sure its worth it.
No ADC will take teleport and revive. That is pretty bad choice to take and the fact that you are taking revive means you are going (or planning) to die a lot. If you are, you aren't doing your job as an ADC.

ADC is all about positioning. And even with a 9 minute CD, you still have GA which is a 5 minute CD not too far off from revive but it wins games. There is already a self-reviving utility in the game; why are you trying to add another one that ALLOWS someone to stay in a team fight even after they have died and have no GA? You don't think 20s is a long time for a revive even if it is undead? Let me tell you if you engage in a full on team fight, kill someone and try to run, their bruisers will kill your carries (assuming you don't have revive on your team) and try to wipe you all out one by one. Meanwhile that guy with revive you just killed is chasing right behind you. 20 second Undead form but 10 seconds is all he needs to help his team wipe your entire team off the map. That is not balanced at all. That version of revive as I say again is pretty OP.