Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

There are only 4 summoner spells to choose from in league.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M1ST4K3N

02-11-2013

I like the idea of buffing cleanse a bit. I'll admit, when I ran it in my last game with Ezreal, I could cleanse, but with CC being so prevalent in this game, I was just instantly CCed again. I'd like to see an immunity to movement impairing effects for 1 + x seconds, where x = .1 x player level. So at level 18, you could cleanse to remove all CC effects and then have about 3 seconds to perform any evasive maneuvers (which should be enough time to do a flash & dash combo. I'd even be cool if this was implemented into the skill tree instead of the current increase of + 1 second of reduced disables. Let's be honest, reduced disables are hardly any use for a carry when you're getting focused and nuked down within 1-2 seconds. But immunity...that's where it's at.

M1ST4K3N

02-11-2013

Quote:
Sachen:
Lol yea true not put guardians angels on them! LOL

Yeah I didn't even think about that. An enitre team running revive with GAs...what is that, like 20 players you'd have to kill for an Ace? Add in trolls like tryndamere and kayle, and GG lol

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Quote:
Sachen:
Cleanse doesn't hard counter ignite but it does exhaust. Cleanse removes the grievous wounds from ignite but not the DoT true damage. You will most likely still die.

Other way around. It removes the dot. Therefore, it is a hard counter.
Test it for yourself.

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Quote:
soccerstud25:
I like the idea of buffing cleanse a bit. I'll admit, when I ran it in my last game with Ezreal, I could cleanse, but with CC being so prevalent in this game, I was just instantly CCed again. I'd like to see an immunity to movement impairing effects for 1 + x seconds, where x = .1 x player level. So at level 18, you could cleanse to remove all CC effects and then have about 3 seconds to perform any evasive maneuvers (which should be enough time to do a flash & dash combo. I'd even be cool if this was implemented into the skill tree instead of the current increase of + 1 second of reduced disables. Let's be honest, reduced disables are hardly any use for a carry when you're getting focused and nuked down within 1-2 seconds. But immunity...that's where it's at.

Mercurial scimitar helps with this, and is a good strong to build if you don't think you need GA
Im not sure Ezreal needs more ways to get away..

Sachen

02-11-2013

Oh ROKAF JE your right they did that very recently actually your right it now removes the dot. Thats great! A step in the right direction thanks for bringing that up man. Ill change my post right now.

dystpoian utopia

02-11-2013

clairvoyance and clarity are the only ones not used often. a lot karthus players use revive but that's mostly on karthus though. clarity...cant remember the last time i saw someone use it.

Sachen

02-11-2013

karthus with revive and teleport.... the new revive would help karthus's more in my opinion.

Capt Carmine

Recruiter

02-11-2013

You forget cleanse, also gives tenacity for a few seconds after you cleanse the first CC, and I think barrier is alot stronger than people give it credit for. Those have both seen alot of high level play as well as teleport.

CLG has run a bunch of games with multiple Teleports.

You also say teleport is good, but dont consider a good Summoner, you should change that so what your saying is more cohesive.

Sachen

02-11-2013

Yep took your advice restructured the thread.

But don't you agree that using a summoner slot for a 2 second shield with such a long cool-down is a problem? You could probably make more use exhausting the person focusing you... because of the damage reduction..

And no i didn't forget the tenacity from cleanse but honestly it really isn't enough when your getting focused and need to break free. For a summoner spell it doesn't have enough punch behind it.

noxToken

02-11-2013

I also love how you didn't just complain about the spell, and you offered ways to make them better.

And now to address each spell.

Heal: 25% maybe a bit too much, but making it a HoT addresses this. I think 20% would be a better number.

Revive: Possible the greatest implementation of a rework, but I also think that the CD would need to be lowered a bit to maybe 300s or even 420s. This would make it usable only every 2 or 3 team fights or so. 540s (9 mins) would still leave something to be desired.

CV: I don't think CV is underpowered; rather, I believe that players don't understand the effectiveness of in on a support. I was in that believing CV was totally underpowered until I saw an Alistar use it effectively. Some situations in which it will definitely be great are in a chase. Go one way and then CV the other. You'll know for sure which way they went and can cut them off. Pop CV in laning phase on a wardless brush. This will definintely catch them off guard, and you're almost certain to get a kill. But even with your rework, what would the range of CV be? Maybe the entire map would be a little too OP, but something like 3k to 4k would be decent. I don't think just a small, immediate area around the caster would be effective.

Clarity: Instant refresh would make burst champs, someone like Yi, Ahri, Twitch or Graves, way too OP in team fights. Maybe 3s or 5s instant reduction.

Cleanse: Perfect.Remove the CC and get the distance. This would make team fights way more interesting for carries and make people think twice about stun locking a champ.

Barrier: Instead of a small wall (3 champs chasing would probably block only one) give it a 1s 30% movement speed boost. Give you the distance and shield that should actually save you instead of prolonging a tank initiation.

Smite: I actually think Smite is good as it. With themastery for it, a smart jungler will Smite every time it's off CD for the extra gold. And when the jungler isn't using it for blue/red, it considerably shortens other camp clear times.