There are only 4 summoner spells to choose from in league.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sachen

02-11-2013

Hey guys, currently in lol there lacks a variety in summoner spells used in games. Here i will state the ones mainly used and the other spells who need some love shown to them.

And yes at the moment there are more than 4 useful spells lol i just cant change the title of the thread.

The Useful Spells:

Flash

Grabbing flash is a must at the moment, mainly because there is no counter to flash as a summoner spell besides flash. That and it is the single most useful spell in the game you can use it offensively, defensibly, to chase, to ambush, to juke, the list goes on and on...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ignite

It deals 410 TRUE damage over 5 seconds at level 18. This spell is over used simply because any character can use it to secure kills with OP true damage and 50% healing reduction over 5 seconds. You can't even cleanse it.

Sure you can counter it by using cleanse, And YES you can buy a QSS item and with the introduction of season 3 there is alot of variety in that class of items. BUT wont you use your QSS in team fights to secure kills and shrug off cc? By the time your ignited, its too late. But unlike flash it DOES have counters inside and outside of summoner spells unlike flash. Still a great spell overall.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Exaust

Most commonly run on supports along with flash ( flash is mandatory)
for supports who are bot lane against an adc (the current meta) Exhaust is an invaluable tool. It can be used offensively to secure kills and ensure your ADC stays alive it can be used defensibly as a form of CC. And when paired up with flash can get you out of many sticky situations. It is more useful for supports to have that spell than other support spells who leave them much more vulnerable.

Ghost

Not to often used but again is one of the top spells in the game due again to it fitting in both an offensive and defensive roll. Mainly used on tanks who need the mobility to initiate chase and stick to targets such as Olaf, Dr. Mundo, Irelia, and many others who are not even of the tank variety. Even a few High Mobility Adc's can benefit from a Ghost spell like Ezreal, Corki, and Caitlyn.

Teleport

In my opinion a great spell can be used offensively and defensibly has great utility and really should be played more often in my opinion. (most commonly seen on top laners.) When used with proper ward coverage and good communication the effects can be devastating on the enemy team. It can even be used to teleport to champions in certain circumstances. Such as Eleis's little spiders, malzahars voidlings, Zyras plants, and even Jarvan's flag!

Smite

Does it's job pretty well seems balanced. Almost every jungler takes it with a few exceptions.

Suggestions/Solutions

Heal

At the moment heal is a very under powered spell, it cannot be used offensively besides baiting but the enemy has to be an idiot for that to work. And as a defensive spell its mediocre as you will be ignited for sure.

Solution
Turn heal into a TRUE support spell. Like this:

Creates a healing pad 450 units around the caster that heals all allies on the pad by 10*lv flat health instantly and heals 5% of their Max health each second for the next 5 seconds as long as the champion remains on the pad.

Champions who have stepped on the healing pad receive a de-buff that cuts the healing from healing pads within the next 45 seconds by 60%

As well as champions who step off the pad no longer get healed if they step back on the pad.

Revive

This is a very powerful spell, and has the longest cool down in the game, (which it should) but most players would agree there is something missing from the spell... and i have the solution.

Solution
Revive should be turned into something along the lines of a reanimation and not a complete revive. And revive you were you lay not at base. After a 1.5 second delay you are revived with full HP and Mana but are "Undead" which means you cannot be healed, and your body rots away losing 10% of your max HP and 5% of your max Mana each second until you die.

With the enhanced revive lowering the rate of decay by 2% so it would be 8% of max hp each second. As well as removing the heal block but applying permanent grievous wounds. ( Also death activated passives wont re-trigger since your technically still dead.)

And of course with this more useful yet not as permanent new spell the cool down on it can be shaved a little bit.

Clairvoyance

Used mainly by supports to give vision inside bushes and at and around objectives. It's not too fun of a spell and i feel it could be much more viable.

Solution
Instead of being a global mini ward it should be focused around the caster. Your character begins channeling for 2 seconds there after you will start to clear the fog of war around you increasing as you channel up to 5 seconds. Any damage taken cancels clairvoyance and the fog fades back in. It should have a max range at Lv 18 of about Nocturn's ult range.

I believe that would be a pretty sweet spell. Not only does it make you feel cool and seem more potent but it also puts you at risk for using it. Also the fact that it is not global is a good thing but the increased range still makes it a threat.

Clarity

It's better now than it was season 2 that is for sure. But it is still not on par with flash or ignite in terms of utility.

Solution
Make it give 40% max mana. And instantly refresh the cool-downs on nearby allies basic skills. (not ultimate's)
Also it does not refresh your own skills.

And someone who has recently had clarity cast on them gets a de-buff that further clarity's in the next 120 seconds will not refresh his or her skills. But will still grant mana.

And no its not OP but it does add some cool plays that you could maybe do with your ADC. and could be a very beneficial spell to have in team fight but remember as a support you have no mobility and clarity has a short range.

Cleanse

In my opinion this is a pretty good spell. But it does lack some extra power behind it. I mean really when you cast cleans and a weak looking little circle appears and you can start moving again...cmon man that isn't any fun and when the enemy is stacking CC on you the ADC that cleanse wont save you.... Don't you think that if your sacrificing killing power by not taking ignite that you should be rewarded more for taking cleanse? I really do.

Solution
When you activate cleanse you should get an instant CC removal plus a 50% speed burst for 2 seconds as well as a mini-shockwave all around you that pushes anything within 200 units from you away about 200 units. Just so you can get some space to breath and run away don't you think?

Barrier

The duration on the shield is too short for being a summoner spell i don't see it as a match for better spells. Increase the duration to at least 5 seconds. There are champions with way better shields that are way more spamable. (Karma, Oriana, Janna)

Solution
Increase the shield duration and give it some sort of utility...If you want to call it barrier give it a dang barrier make it summon a wall smaller than anivias but still a good size at a certain range from you as well as give you a shield...

M1ST4K3N

02-11-2013

I've been seeing cleanse a lot more recently. CC is dominant in this game, so as a squishy damage dealer it's nice to just laugh in the faces of characters like taric, leona, mumu, etc. Also, if you haven't seen some of the awesome teleport ganks in some of the pro games, you should watch them. It allows for tremendous baiting and split pushing.

havate

02-11-2013

I like the revive part.op on karthus and yorick

M1ST4K3N

02-11-2013

lol yorick and zil combo would be op with that revive. you'd have to kill like, 6 players by just fighting the two of them

Sachen

02-11-2013

That revive doesn't proc death passives... so you cant come back with karth or yoric with it....

Sachen

02-11-2013

bump

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Cleanse hard counters exhaust and ignite.
Exhaust also scales MUCH better into late game than ignite.

I love clairvoyance the way it is.
CV exhaust Janna is awesome, or cv on lux

Sachen

02-11-2013

Cleanse doesn't hard counter ignite but it does exhaust. Cleanse removes the grievous wounds from ignite but not the DoT true damage. You will most likely still die.

EDIT: I was wrong! Thanks for ROKAF JE for pointing it out Cleanse does remove ignites DoT. My bad guys!

M1ST4K3N

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachen View Post
That revive doesn't proc death passives... so you cant come back with karth or yoric with it....
I was saying you'd have to kill yorick and zilean once each, there's two deaths. Then kill them both again from reviving, there's another 2 for a total of four. Zilean's ult revives a player, so there's one more for 5 total kills. And Yoricks ult brings another player back to life if they die, so there's 6.

Sachen

02-11-2013

Lol yea true now put guardians angels on them! LOL