Elo Hell exists, give me tips!

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlyingPieDude

02-11-2013

You can't always blame your teammates for losing, maybe you aren't doing enough to win. Like Amarond stated, if you are playing mid lane and aren't roaming when given the chance, then you aren't helping enough. Also think really hard about what OriginalJack said, instead of stating what you do well, what do you NOT do well?

Being a one trick pony is a good way to get out of "elo hell" though since you can almost perfect one single champ like you are with Singed.

Victor Marte

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrollDude View Post
You can't always blame your teammates for losing, maybe you aren't doing enough to win. Like Amarond stated, if you are playing mid lane and aren't roaming when given the chance, then you aren't helping enough. Also think really hard about what OriginalJack said, instead of stating what you do well, what do you NOT do well?

Being a one trick pony is a good way to get out of "elo hell" though since you can almost perfect one single champ like you are with Singed.
I did roam. Spectate me and try to find mistakes because I carry my teams and we still lose.

I can't think of anything I did wrong.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

You should consider taking TP if your teammates are that bad so you can plan a TP gank. Singed is a huge threat in many game comps because of his unique abilities and his skill set will almost surely guarantee a kill in a gank if you do it right. The reason why people say don't blame your teammates, just figure out what you could have done better is because you really could have done something to help your teammates.

If your teammates are losing, it's probably because of two things. Either they just suck or the enemy team in that lane is much better than them. There will always be losers in every game. So what can YOU do to help them when they need it? And are you giving it to them? If you aren't helping them out, you might as well just blame yourself as well. If you've attempted to help and there is a miscommunication/not much happened/you lose more than you gain, then just take it back a step and plan that out more carefully. Blaming everything on teammates is a sure-tell sign of what kind of player you are. "I am better than everyone in this league but I can't carry myself out so I say elo hell exist." Elo hell is just a fancy word for your own skill cap.

Victor Marte

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
You should consider taking TP if your teammates are that bad so you can plan a TP gank. Singed is a huge threat in many game comps because of his unique abilities and his skill set will almost surely guarantee a kill in a gank if you do it right. The reason why people say don't blame your teammates, just figure out what you could have done better is because you really could have done something to help your teammates.

If your teammates are losing, it's probably because of two things. Either they just suck or the enemy team in that lane is much better than them. There will always be losers in every game. So what can YOU do to help them when they need it? And are you giving it to them? If you aren't helping them out, you might as well just blame yourself as well. If you've attempted to help and there is a miscommunication/not much happened/you lose more than you gain, then just take it back a step and plan that out more carefully. Blaming everything on teammates is a sure-tell sign of what kind of player you are. "I am better than everyone in this league but I can't carry myself out so I say elo hell exist." Elo hell is just a fancy word for your own skill cap.
Well I guess the problem is my enemy team always dominates mine even if I dominate

goku2057

02-11-2013

I'm in the same spot, man. I started out with a 1511 Elo and was silver 1. I have now dropped like 30 games and am now silver 5.

Victor Marte

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku2057 View Post
I'm in the same spot, man. I started out with a 1511 Elo and was silver 1. I have now dropped like 30 games and am now silver 5.
same lol

laxjoh

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
Well I guess the problem is my enemy team always dominates mine even if I dominate
If you're doing everything you're supposed to do in that sense, then there's nothing more you can do either than keep playing consistently. As long as you are consistent and are playing well every game, you should be able to climb out eventually. Everyone, even pro's, lose games. Consistency and how you capitalize is what makes the difference and from what you've said, you are pretty consistent so you should climb out eventually. Just keep playing.

noxToken

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
I did roam. Spectate me and try to find mistakes because I carry my teams and we still lose.

I can't think of anything I did wrong.
I think it says a little about your character when you invite people to spectate and critique you. At least you want a solution and aren't just saying GAMES BROKE PLZ FIX EVERYONE SUX!

Urtearsare2yummy

02-11-2013

The only way to make sure you won't have retarded teammates is to find an form a good team and play with them.

Victor Marte

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarond View Post
I think it says a little about your character when you invite people to spectate and critique you. At least you want a solution and aren't just saying GAMES BROKE PLZ FIX EVERYONE SUX!
I challenge people to spectate me and lolking my recent matches, because I have IRL friends who do play LOL and spectate me and agree with me. I know elo hell exists, I'm in it.

123456 ... 12