Revolvo, the Deadshot Marksman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

02-11-2013

A collection of all my champions can be found here.

Revolvo, the Deadshot Marksman

----------

Health: 395 (+75 per level, 1745)
Bullets: 6
Damage: 42 (+3.5 per level, 105)
Attack Speed: 0.74 (+0.025 per level, 1.19)
Armor: 15 (+3.3 per level, 74)
Magic Resist: 30
Movement Speed: 325
Range: 550

Example Build

----------

Passive - Six Shots Are More Than Enough

Each auto-attack spends 1 Bullet. While you have Bullets, your auto-attacks gain 2% Critical Strike Chance for each Bullet you lack from your maximum (to a maximum of 36%). While you have no Bullets, halve your Attack Speed. After spending 4 seconds out of combat, you regain 1 Bullet per second.

----------

Q - Quickshot

Revolvo rapidly fires upto 6 bullets in a spray, dealing 110/140/180/220/260 (+0.8 AD) Physical Damage to upto 6 enemies in a cone in target direction (first enemies hit). Enemies hit by this are slowed by 40%. At Rank 5, this can be activated a second time during the Cooldown.

Cost: upto 6 bullets, minimum 1

Duration: 2 seconds

Cooldown: 6

Range: 550

Cone: 10-60 degree cone, depending on how many bullets are left

----------

W - Reload in Combat

Passive - While in combat, you can regain upto 2/3/4/5/6 bullets without leaving combat first. You must fully reload outside of combat before you can use this effect again.

Active - Gain 6/12/18/24/24 Bullets, upto your current cap. At rank 5, this can be activated a second time during the Cooldown.

Cost: 1/2/3/4/5% of your max Health

Cooldown: 60

----------

E - Gun Trick/Take Cover

Gun Trick: Revolvo leaps to target location, rolling along the ground and firing 1/1/2/2/3 times in quick succession at nearby enemies, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.4 AD) Physical Damage. If a bullet hits a minion, it will ricochet to another nearby target. An enemy cannot be hit by this attack more than twice. Prioritizes Champion-Pet-Minion.

Take Cover: Gun Trick can be activated a second time within 1.5 seconds to leap back to where Gun Trick was activated. Revolvo becomes stealthed for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds, and regains 2 bullets per second while stealthed. At Rank 5, this can be activated a second time during the Cooldown.

Cost: 1/1/2/2/3 bullets

Cooldown: 30

Range: 450

AoE: 250

----------

R - More Guns Are More Fun

Passive - Revolvo’s cap for bullets becomes 12/18/24 as he gets additional guns.

Toggle: Revolvo begins to juggle his guns. His Attack Speed becomes 1.5/2/2.5 (unless this would lower the Attack Speed) as long as this skill is toggled on. Every 6th Bullet inflicts Grievous Wounds. This toggles off if you run out of Bullets.

Cost: 50 health per second

Grievous Wounds Duration: 3 seconds

Cooldown: 120 seconds after toggled off

PS - before you neg this post like a noob without even bothering to post anything, please note that I can just repost this champion. So go neg something that actually needs it, like a troll thread or something, not someone's champion. If you don't like it, post and tell me why. Don't neg it stupidly.

irksomesloth

02-11-2013

his kit seems sorta counter-intuitive, he's an ad carry that focus' on small amounts of harrass since the goal is obviously to keep as few bullets in the chamber as possible without running out, but a sustained attack(the reason ad carries exist) gimps your attack speed fairly quickly and makes it hard to finish off enemies in lane.

the abilities themselves aren't very straight forward. they're just an engine to manipulate your bullet count for the most part which makes it sound like you want him to do sustain damage.

he doesn't have an escape which means he'll have to spend a good part of the game laying low and farming (similar to ashe's playstyle).

all in all he just doesn't seem like a very fun champion to play as.

Drake O Dagger

02-11-2013

Rather than sustained damage, the champion is suppose to be more about bursting down opponents by blowing his bullets to finish them all in one shot whenever possible. You don't need to keep only a few bullets (you'd never kill anything that way), but as you use up your bullets, your damage output will increase to help you finish the enemy. You need to look at it more like the closer you are to running out of bullets, the more damage you deal to help you kill them before you run out.

As for escapes, E is sort of an escape with the MS buff/anti-target shield. You are right though, I drew inspiration from Ashe for the playstyle.

The main reason he manipulates his bullet count is the champion would be unviable in a teamfight without the ability to regain bullets quickly, or an AoE. Then the E provides a defensive ability that helps recover bullets while out of fights as well, making it so when traveling to a different lane, you can quickly prepare for a fight and not be completely helpless while waiting (but you also can't do that all the time, as the CD is fairly long and its not exactly free).

irksomesloth

02-11-2013

what if (instead of a channeled suppress) his e gave him a dodge similar to jax and a quick reload. allowing him to escape or chase while giving him a second wind?

then you could allocate something more interesting to his w like a scouting ability. maybe something to detect a nearby stealthed enemy (similar to warwicks e but as an active.

it'll give him a window of safety to run up lane and burst the enemy carry down, get away with his e, and be ready for another burst before he backs up.

Drake O Dagger

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by irksomesloth View Post
what if (instead of a channeled suppress) his e gave him a dodge similar to jax and a quick reload. allowing him to escape or chase while giving him a second wind?

then you could allocate something more interesting to his w like a scouting ability. maybe something to detect a nearby stealthed enemy (similar to warwicks e but as an active.

it'll give him a window of safety to run up lane and burst the enemy carry down, get away with his e, and be ready for another burst before he backs up.
I'd have to think on this a bit. Dodging like that is pretty much a Jax thing, so I'm not sure I'd feel entirely comfortable copying it.

irksomesloth

02-11-2013

a lot of abilities share effects (like how blitz, alistar, chogath, vi, lulu, janna, etc all hav variations on abitlies that knock up) anyway its just an idea

Drake O Dagger

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by irksomesloth View Post
a lot of abilities share effects (like how blitz, alistar, chogath, vi, lulu, janna, etc all hav variations on abitlies that knock up) anyway its just an idea
This is true, but dodging is a unique Jax thing. It's one of his iconic traits. That's why I'm a bit hesitant to copy it.

Keledrath

Recruiter

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger View Post
This is true, but dodging is a unique Jax thing. It's one of his iconic traits. That's why I'm a bit hesitant to copy it.
Not really. Dodge used to be a stat that you could buy, but it introduced too much randomness and so it was removed. Now it only exists on Jax, but it is far from his thing (Sivir actually had the highest potential dodge chance before it was removed)

Drake O Dagger

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
Not really. Dodge used to be a stat that you could buy, but it introduced too much randomness and so it was removed. Now it only exists on Jax, but it is far from his thing (Sivir actually had the highest potential dodge chance before it was removed)
Regardless of how it was, the simple fact is that in the current game environment, Dodge is basically Jax's thing. Ignoring that, I don't feel it's appropriate to my champion anyway.

No name just me

03-04-2013

You tried too hard to make him unique, and unique doesn't always mean fun.