The problem with the new Ranked system is the Risk to Reward

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stripper Steve

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius Altra View Post
This i am still iffy on 10 minutes is going to on the shorter end of the wait. Can you imagine waiting 20 minutes for a match then miss the 10 second accept window. That would suck. You are just as likely to get a troll as they are. They should group you with people who are near as possible to 100 if not at the promotion. Right now it just seems random
A good majority of online games have Q timers. Most are not short, and most have a limited amount of time to accept. Again, it takes a full day of playing to get 100 LP. How could a 10 min wait be justified against losing that? I don't see it from any angle. If you queue you should be prepared to sit and wait for it to pop.

Dewtrocity

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius Altra View Post
What issue are you talking about? He got lucky in the promotion series? Hes good? IDK what to say because i dont have his stats in front of me >_>. I held my own all the way up to 1600 last season without much of a sweat. Problem with the new system is that even if you go 10/0 and some how make it to the Promotion series then lose 3 games those 10 wins those hard fought wins are now completely pointless because of 3 loses. Making those ~8 hours completely void is just stupid.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/33992002#profile

Instead of whining he actually won games and got promoted by not LOSING A BUNCH OF GAMES. Seriously you went on a 6 game losing streak and want to be promoted? Also if you lose your promotion series you start out with like 80 LP so... ya... your Lolking Score currently is 1440ish, meaning your elo would be Silver back before the change so you obviously don't deserve Gold.

Gladius Altra

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewtrocity View Post
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/33992002#profile

Instead of whining he actually won games and got promoted by not LOSING A BUNCH OF GAMES. Seriously you went on a 6 game losing streak and want to be promoted? Also if you lose your promotion series you start out with like 80 LP so... ya... your Lolking Score currently is 1440ish, meaning your elo would be Silver back before the change so you obviously don't deserve Gold.
You do not have to lose a bunch of games you just have to lose 1 more than you win. Or you can win 10 straight then lose 3 in the promotion and all will be for naught. That us ny problem right there. I have won FAR more than i have lose yet im still at the same elo as when i started.