Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The problem with the new Ranked system is the Risk to Reward

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gladius Altra

02-11-2013

Quote:
Dewtrocity:
Your elo is now higher and you will earn more LP for wins and lose less for losses in the future.

My Elo would be at gold right now with the old system. There is no padding for losing elo. only for gaining. I have not gained anything extra from this little adventure only now i gain less than when i was first in this division. not more

Dewtrocity

02-11-2013

Quote:
Gladius Altra:
My Elo would be at gold right now with the old system. There is no padding for losing elo. only for gaining. I have not gained anything extra from this little adventure only now i gain less than when i was first in this division. not more

How come none of my friends have had this issue yet? One of my friends just got promoted to Gold super fast and is already almost Gold division IV, I've also gone about 50% winrate and have won/lost about the same amount of LP for each game. Currently at like 20 LP.

Cookie Jedi

02-11-2013

On top of this, the game doesn't take in to account people who afk or quit on any particular team. You should be punished much less severely if you duke it our 3/4 v 5 because people got mad they were losing in the first ten minutes and decided they had better things to do. Yeah, drop me 20 points for staying to play the game when we're out-manned and outgunned. But we win with a full team and you may throw us a few points if we're lucky to be on your good side.

chickdan

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Not only is the new system unrewarding, but its complete ****! My friend and I had been playing all day long (my first time using this new league system). Won 6 matches in a row to take me from 0LP all the way up to my 2/3. And I'll tell you, it wasn't easy to get those wins. The skill level on both sides was really even and it was a blast to play those 6 matches. But then I hit my 2/3 and my first 2 games were losses, why? Because all of a sudden we were matched with really bad players. Seriously, how do people with such low skill make it higher into ranked games? Why do they even play ranked games!? There needs to be another system on top of the ranked system that prevents unskilled players from playing ranked games. I feel like I am never getting out of my tier because if I can some how make it up to 2/3, I'll be matched with a noob and lose.

Gladius Altra

02-11-2013

Quote:
Dewtrocity:
How come none of my friends have had this issue yet? One of my friends just got promoted to Gold super fast and is already almost Gold division IV, I've also gone about 50% winrate and have won/lost about the same amount of LP for each game. Currently at like 20 LP.

What issue are you talking about? He got lucky in the promotion series? Hes good? IDK what to say because i dont have his stats in front of me >_>. I held my own all the way up to 1600 last season without much of a sweat. Problem with the new system is that even if you go 10/0 and some how make it to the Promotion series then lose 3 games those 10 wins those hard fought wins are now completely pointless because of 3 loses. Making those ~8 hours completely void is just stupid.

Stripper Steve

02-11-2013

Quote:
chickdan:
Not only is the new system unrewarding, but its complete ****! My friend and I had been playing all day long (my first time using this new league system). Won 6 matches in a row to take me from 0LP all the way up to my 2/3. And I'll tell you, it wasn't easy to get those wins. The skill level on both sides was really even and it was a blast to play those 6 matches. But then I hit my 2/3 and my first 2 games were losses, why? Because all of a sudden we were matched with really bad players. Seriously, how do people with such low skill make it higher into ranked games? Why do they even play ranked games!? There needs to be another system on top of the ranked system that prevents unskilled players from playing ranked games. I feel like I am never getting out of my tier because if I can some how make it up to 2/3, I'll be matched with a noob and lose.

QFT. This is the same point I was making on page one. I have quite a few friends making this same argument as well. Promotional series needs to be changed to playing against only other players in promotional.

Gladius Altra

02-11-2013

Quote:
bluv:
QFT. This is the same point I was making on page one. I have quite a few friends making this same argument as well. Promotional series needs to be changed to playing against only other players in promotional.

Problem with that is they can not do that. Simply put there are not enough people trying to play promotional series at the same time youll be looking at 10+ minute waits especial gold and higher

chickdan

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Quote:
Gladius Altra:
Problem with that is they can not do that. Simply put there are not enough people trying to play promotional series at the same time youll be looking at 10+ minute waits especial gold and higher

I'd rather wait the 10+ minutes than have the 99% chance of being placed with somebody who does not need to be playing ranked.

Stripper Steve

02-11-2013

Quote:
Gladius Altra:

My post on the first page addressed that and you have to consider the alternative. A day's worth of playing to get 100 LP then get trolled into having to do this again, or a 10min wait? I think that's an easy choice. Also normal diamond queues are hitting 30min, so if you ever get to that point you'll be spending that time either way. I'm promoting a better system to have the opportunity to do so.

Gladius Altra

02-11-2013

Quote:
bluv:
My post on the first page addressed that and you have to consider the alternative. A day's worth of playing to get 100 LP then get trolled into having to do this again, or a 10min wait? I think that's an easy choice. Also normal diamond queues are hitting 30min, so if you ever get to that point you'll be spending that time either way. I'm promoting a better system to have the opportunity to do so.

This i am still iffy on 10 minutes is going to on the shorter end of the wait. Can you imagine waiting 20 minutes for a match then miss the 10 second accept window. That would suck. You are just as likely to get a troll as they are. They should group you with people who are near as possible to 100 if not at the promotion. Right now it just seems random