Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

my problem is "i cant carry"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

workthecorners

02-11-2013

if you look at my stats i have 233 kills 433 deaths and 780 assists and alot of the deaths is because of maokai my stats with him are 25/63/151

so what im saying is if i cant carry then i have a 1 in 3 chance (not counting support) that someone else on my team will carry instead of others who win their lane and carry the game therefor getting out of bronze then being a crybaby in silver that i hear about

i had a friend say bronze has trolls and terrable players
silver has crybabies that think they are gods gift to LOL and rage at others and teamfight bad
its not till you get to gold where you get the actually compatent players

workthecorners

02-11-2013

Quote:
footfoe:
I've seen many a jungler carry a game.

I KNOW! im saying that I CANT for some reason i just have a bad time with it

Anrui

02-11-2013

I can't really carry and take over games either (Maybe unless I play Akali or Vi), but I don't have much of a problem winning games. People I play with say that they like my play not because I can go crazy and get a **** load of kills, but because I am very reliable and consistent for the most part. My #1 rule that I always tell myself is "Whatever you do, don't feed". Carrying isn't the only thing that wins games, the tiniest things count as well. Clearing waves, split pushing, warding, just being a general distraction, or just whatever you can possibly do in order to give your team a better chance at victory. A positive attitude helps a lot too. I always try to keep a positive attitude and try not to be too pushy if I make calls. Just have to find the balance between being lax and serious.

Romantic Metro

02-11-2013

Sounds like you've faced some bad luck. May I suggest diving out of ranked a bit and practice in normals. Also take a break from the game for a bit it's always good to come back with a fresh outlook.

Morb Dagroneer

02-11-2013

This. This has been my problem for the entire time i've been in Bronze. I'm not playing terrible games, I'm just getting matched with people who aren't autolocking ONLY because it's draft. They're out of position when they're tanking, they're walking through the river to facecheck a bush when they're ADC, they're b in lane with an Ezreal on the board. So many terible habits. It's like they got tired of bots and decided to go straight into ranked.

I have no idea what in the world the formula is for league placement but it's clearly flawed. I dunno if it fails to take warding or utility into account but it just fails, on every level, to properly assess the non-metric elements of playing the game well. Frankly I don't intend to play another ranked game until Riot presents an answer to why they've done this to me more elaborate than "we can't explain the ranking system bro." There's no excuse for LOLKing reporting that I've lost 400 Elo in two weeks time. Such a radical shift is not evidence of a working matchmaking system.

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Quote:
workthecorners:
if you look at my stats i have 233 kills 433 deaths and 780 assists and alot of the deaths is because of maokai my stats with him are 25/63/151

its not till you get to gold where you get the actually compatent players

Farm less, gank more. Especially on Maokai.

200 deaths is a little more than 63, unless my math is off.

This is not true.

workthecorners

02-11-2013

Quote:
ROKAF JE:
Farm less, gank more. Especially on Maokai.

200 deaths is a little more than 63, unless my math is off.

This is not true.

i have no clue what your talking about? i took the stats strait off my LOL profile

NotSoSuperMan

02-11-2013

If you can consistently win your lane but still fail to win games then you need to work on converting your lane dominance into game dominance.

Tip 1 : The best thing for this is teleport. This will let you turn 1v1 fights where your team mate would die into 2v1 fights you win. This is HUGE.

Tip 2 : Wards. If you are getting fed you can afford wards. Once you taken down the tower in your lane you should be buying 2 wards every time you go home. Ward baron/dragon if your team isn't doing it. If they are ward offensively in the enemy jungle. Few things are as satisfying as teleporting into the bush behind their quarter health jungler and slaying him as he tries to grab red/blue buff.

Tip 3: Decide between team fights and split pushing. If your team is semi competent you should be able to win team fights if you are more fed than the opposing team. Sometimes they are utterly incompetent, when that happens buy 5 wards and start split pushing. Drop wards at all paths towards the tower you are attacking and flee the moment you see more than one enemy show up. As soon as they leave, go back to attacking the tower. If you are fed you will kill any single champion sent to stop you and if they send more than one even your incompetent team should be able to take advantage of a 4v3.

Hope that helps.

Haitah

02-11-2013

Best ways to carry Bronze-Silver to gold (I'm at Silver 4 atm, trying to at least get to Gold.)
In my opinion, it's ADC or Mid. If you can only play CC Tanky champs, you should support and get Leona and Taric. Leona is really easy to get kills with + you are incredibly hard to kill.
I've been ADC and I carry a lot of my games, I am currently on a win streak with it, I highly advise learning to carry if you want to get out of low ELO.

workthecorners

02-11-2013

Quote:
NotSoSuperMan:
If you can consistently win your lane but still fail to win games then you need to work on converting your lane dominance into game dominance.

Tip 1 : The best thing for this is teleport. This will let you turn 1v1 fights where your team mate would die into 2v1 fights you win. This is HUGE.

Tip 2 : Wards. If you are getting fed you can afford wards. Once you taken down the tower in your lane you should be buying 2 wards every time you go home. Ward baron/dragon if your team isn't doing it. If they are ward offensively in the enemy jungle. Few things are as satisfying as teleporting into the bush behind their quarter health jungler and slaying him as he tries to grab red/blue buff.

Tip 3: Decide between team fights and split pushing. If your team is semi competent you should be able to win team fights if you are more fed than the opposing team. Sometimes they are utterly incompetent, when that happens buy 5 wards and start split pushing. Drop wards at all paths towards the tower you are attacking and flee the moment you see more than one enemy show up. As soon as they leave, go back to attacking the tower. If you are fed you will kill any single champion sent to stop you and if they send more than one even your incompetent team should be able to take advantage of a 4v3.

Hope that helps.

this is good advice that i was looking for thanks