my problem is "i cant carry"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Olaf with shurleyas and randuins can carry every lane. (Carry mauler, frozen mallet can be added too)
Everyone is afraid of him and his nerds barely hurt him.

As for supports, I usually get so ahead on fiddle or sona that I can 1v1 the enemy carry.
Lux and Zyra are harder to do this with unless you stack AP, but the support needs to cover the items the team needs, and this is not always viable.

workthecorners

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
Vi, Skarner and Noc can all carry. You just have to realize that to carry you need to spend more time ganking and you can't let your lane collect the gold from the kill. Because of how tanky these champs are naturally also, if you are fed you will find your carries will catch up quickly anyway. All 3 do good to fair damage on their own so you will find more often than not you will be focused despite how tanky you are
ive gone 10/0 with nocturn and lose because the other team bands togather and my team dosnt i just dont understand the concept of being the carry i try to catch people in the jungle with wards and my team gets destroyed under top turret i try to stay with my team and either my team dives at a dumb time or dives then runs right away or something to just do it bad......

idk what im asking i guess its more or less once you become 4/0 jax what is your mindset do you keep farming or do you jump lanes or what?

Murkr0w

02-11-2013

As support, there's only so much you can do. I mean, I think I've carried games as support Lulu many times, but even then, your impact isn't as great post lanning phase as a fed other lane. That said, you should probably learn how to coordinate your team, and tell people to stop going in on unfavorable numbers.

You could always try learning a role like top or mid and carrying that way. But, even then, leading your team is part of it, and that's how I got out of Bronze II in 1 night, and Bronze 1 in a (school, i.e. less time to play) week.

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
Vi, Skarner and Noc can all carry. You just have to realize that to carry you need to spend more time ganking and you can't let your lane collect the gold from the kill. Because of how tanky these champs are naturally also, if you are fed you will find your carries will catch up quickly anyway. All 3 do good to fair damage on their own so you will find more often than not you will be focused despite how tanky you are
Not letting your laners get kills severely hurts them, especially if they've had trouble in the lane and are struggling to stay in/farm.

ROKAF JE

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
idk what im asking i guess its more or less once you become 4/0 jax what is your mindset do you keep farming or do you jump lanes or what?
I go and I kill everyone else on the map, and encourage everyone to push as much as they can.

Armstice

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
ive gone 10/0 with nocturn and lose because the other team bands togather and my team dosnt i just dont understand the concept of being the carry i try to catch people in the jungle with wards and my team gets destroyed under top turret i try to stay with my team and either my team dives at a dumb time or dives then runs right away or something to just do it bad......

When you have an advantage like that, you need to be thinking about the bigger picture at that point. Often times once I've gotten one major item if I am up by a huge margin in lane I push down the tower as quickly as possible and move on to another lane. The Global gold will help your team catch up elsewhere, plus it frees you up to roam. Essentially you just gained a second, and substancially more farmed jungler that can be anywhere (especially if the other team has poor ward coverage, which is common in bronze tier).

Also, despite what people may think about your taking kills from jungle hindering your lanes you need to realize that if you do this you are saying, "I can carry." That means, that when push comes to shove it's YOUR job to make smart initiations, it's YOUR job to know when your team is in an unsafe possition. Skarner I found is probably my most potent jungle carry, because of how naturally tanky he is plus the ability to instantly turn any fight into a 5v4.

BUT:

If you are not sure you are capable of making good decisions, or unsure that you are going to be able to single handedly kill the enemies carries and sway any team fight you have no business robbing this gold from your carry lanes. From jungle there are only two types of games that I have found, the first is when your carries are very compitent and you can clearly see by their advantage/playstyle/ect that they are far superior in skill compared to the enemy team. OR the second is when you can clearly see that if the game goes long the skill gap between your carries and there's is going to lose you the game. When you can pick out these kinds of games early, that's when you have a chance to turn what is shaping up to be a quick loss into at the very least a brawl (I believe less skilled teams benifit from longer games, the other team gets impatient and makes more frequent mistakes).

YoungGoN4v5

02-11-2013

Usually the trick to gaining is elo is killing the enemy nexus. But in all seriousness for you guys who say you are stuck in bronze and what not and think you are decent that mentality is what is killing you. As for the silver guys trying to get into gold, there are some major play difference that seperate. The idea between the two tiers is huge. As for gold going on plat, well these games are lost through a serious of small mistakes that can drive people bonkers.

laxjoh

02-11-2013

You can carry with the 3 champs you mentioned. Cho'gath, Maokai, Taric. And yes Taric can carry. That's what separates the good players from the regular. You'll just have to practice practice practice. Practice makes perfect or close to perfect as possible right? Also, you need to stop having the mentality that you belong in a higher elo than Bronze because first of all, you haven't proven yourself yet. Second, you are struggling to climb out of Bronze. Third, you can't carry bronze games. Don't take this personally when I say this but I am 100% sure there is much you need to improve on individually as a player.

Now if you are playing consistently well, you will eventually climb out of the ranks you are in. That's what it's about. It's not just about carrying every game. You will definitely lose games; everyone does. The importance is that if you are consistently playing well, you will contribute that much more every game to help your team win, thus carrying your team.

workthecorners

02-11-2013

i am not saying i am not a bronze player i am saying i am better then my stats say i am.....
i dont rage
i fill rolls
i ward
i know jungle times
i know how many hits i can take from the tower if we dive and if the dive will be worth it
i dont over extend unless i have ward coverage

my problem is ive gone 10/0 as chogath, and 5/2 with maokai, and frankly taric is my favorite champ to be in teamfights with ive been thinking of trying to toplane with him, so i can be better then support money. but once i do well, i cant find advantages to catch the other team out so when i win its almost always because i have a good team around me even if i get fed. Where it seems i get people on my team or the other team who get fed as Vi or Jax and theres nothing we can do. they seem to successfully 1v3 us constanly and when i look at their items all they have is a brute and a phange or the like......

footfoe

02-11-2013

I've seen many a jungler carry a game.