Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Isn't this ranked system supposed to make it more rewarding to rise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustaphah

02-23-2013

Bump, cmon Riot.

Nathan Wolfwood

02-23-2013

The system is fine, if you are good you will get higher. Easy as that

Mustaphah

02-23-2013

Quote:
Nathan Wolfwood:
The system is fine, if you are good you will get higher. Easy as that

Let's make it so you gain 1 lp for a win and lose 1 for a loss.

It would be fine because if you are good you will get higher.

Do people even think before posting?

Tanerian

02-23-2013

Quote:
Mustaphah:
@Riot I realise you can't reply to every single thread suggesting something because this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqPYvO4qCE (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFrqPYvO4qCE) <- (Skip to 0:35), but I'm sure some red eventually will fall into this thread and may not reply, I think this is something you really need to consider, your community has given you more factual evidence and reasoning behind why this system should have never been implemented then you have, given for it too be implemented. also scroll to the bottom of OP for the main problem summarised, it's a bit all over the place up here.

The old system 1200 - 1500 (silver to gold) was 300 elo

It is now about 400 elo from Silver V to Gold V (Not including promotion periods, which you are bound to lose and have to redo along the way)

Honestly, why should I bother anymore

The one thing i didn't like about the elo system was the grind, YOU HAVE JUST MADE THIS WORSE.

> I'm from Australia i get an average 200 ping.

> And quite frankly i'm not enjoying this game anymore

> All this combined with how stupid the new ranked system is, is just GGWP for me. I'm calling it quits until the ranked system under goes some maintenance and is fixed and we are finally supplied with an Oceanic server, see you in an occasional normal, this game just isn't worth it anymore.

Oh yeh and in a year of play the meta is the most f*cked up it's ever been.

I'm not trying to be an attention wh0re, I just want to be able to enjoy my favourite game again, Riot shouldn't have to lie to us just because people QQ about the old system.

If this thread got maybe even 150 up votes (I realise is a lot) it could force a RED to come out and talk about these issues, and i feel like these are the issues that matter, all I've really seen major attention drawn to was the bugs where people were losing massive amounts of LP, but this isn't problem it's not the bugs it's the system itself.

I'd like to say again i'm not looking for attention, I just want what's best for the game, if a RED can come out and justify this system then fine, but i REALLY don't think anyone on the planet could justify this system over the old elo system, (I feel the only argument people could bring is, it's more aesthetically pleasing)

We need to get in Riot's face about this.

If you agree with me, we have to at least try, I've never been so competitive in a game before in my life, and I've never had experience with a company that is so attentive to their community as Riot is.

Just a few testimonials, I thought I shouldn't be the only opinion on the OP

@Riot:

The main problems

> Lack of transparency between leagues lp etc and elo, elo being the only thing that really means anything.

> It takes more wins to rise to the equivalent tier then it did last season or the season before. This isn't more rewarding.

> The system lie's to you, by showing you meaningless tier's and divisions while hiding your elo. This is just text book confusing.

> You can't drop tiers once achieving them, and promotions periods to rise while no promotion to fall throws EVERYTHING out of wack.

> Diamond Div 1 players who can't get to challenger because it's full have nothing to aim for and no reason to really play, it essentially becomes high level norms.

> And I would just like to throw in, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the elo system and i'm not sure what made you think there was.

> If a red has taken the time to look at this, thank you so much.

Ok, 4 threads on first page have red posts, all the red's are coming on for a bit it seems, I don't believe that a red HASN'T looked at this thread, all we want is some sort of a reply, I feel like you aren't commenting because you can't defend the system against what I and other members of the community have said on this thread.

I like to think I'm an honest person, Riot your one of the best gaming companies in the world right now imo, but the one thing that bugs me is your inability to admit your mistakes, fix them and get on with it.

Like i said before i know a red has looked at this thread, and with that logic I know you guys know this is a mistake, that's why you haven't just come back with a counter argument and made me look like an ass-hat yet.

All we want is a response, Riot you aren't perfect no one is i see what you were shooting for with this system, but it feels rushed, and it feels disjointed, and it isn't achieving it's main purpose - To make ranked feel more rewarding.

I realise I'm just some player and you will never know who I am, but I know who you guys are, nd i'm just being up front and honest, and calling it the way i see it and experience it.

I would just love for some sort of response, how you feel with this system.

100 Upvotes GJ Everyone!!!

Bumping this and upvoting. Everything I'd add to it has already been said. Will continue to bump this thread.

Nathan Wolfwood

02-23-2013

Quote:
Mustaphah:
Let's make it so you gain 1 lp for a win and lose 1 for a loss.

It would be fine because if you are good you will get higher.

Do people even think before posting?

And that is not the case, with a good elo you will get WAY more points from victories than defeats.

Im gonna stop posting here, dont want to bump such a retarded thread

Mustaphah

02-23-2013

Quote:
Nathan Wolfwood:
And that is not the case, with a good elo you will get WAY more points from victories than defeats.

Im gonna stop posting here, dont want to bump such a retarded thread

I'm not even going to bother.

Mustaphah

02-23-2013

bump

Mustaphah

02-23-2013

Bump

Mustaphah

02-23-2013

Bump

Mustaphah

02-23-2013

bump