Isn't this ranked system supposed to make it more rewarding to rise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBearDrop View Post
Not everyone expects to be diamond, but when you are winning 5 games in a row and you lose 3 the system says you lose all those 5 games in progress and 2 others, now make up for it. You have no goal to strive for when you have to win 2/3 to even get to the next 70 ELO. It's like saying, if you don't win this you won't gain 70 ELO and you will actually lose 25 or more of it for losing 1 game. It's rather frustrating when with the old system you might of actually seen SOME progress but with this system, it's way to punishing if you lose 1/3 games.
I'm earning 30-50 lp per win and I haven't lost more than 5 lp for a loss in over 10 games.

like I said, if you are falling, it's probably because you're supposed to. Sorry if that bothers you, not everyone can be diamond.

Luapman

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rabid Teemo View Post
That's probably where you belong. I was in bronze before, at 63 lp in silver 1 atm. Just because you fall doesn't mean the system is broken. Everyone can't be diamond.
Stock response is stock. No, two previous seasons of being a stable silver elo player does NOT mean I am now "where I belong" in what is the equivalent of sub 1000 elo. Also, did I even mention diamond? or plat? gold? No. I would like to feel like I can at least maintain my previous standing, but that cannot be done in this system for mostly average players.

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaphah View Post
I have silver border, which was 1300 elo last season (I think) that's what i got to at least.

EDIT: your silver div 5 like me, do you not feel blind, or like a blanket has been thrown over what's true and incorrect facts have been layered on top of this blanket?
I'm not playing on this account anymore, just using it for forum. But no, I don't feel that way. Was rising when I stopped playing.

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luapman View Post
Stock response is stock. No, two previous seasons of being a stable silver elo player does NOT mean I am now "where I belong" in what is the equivalent of sub 1000 elo. Also, did I even mention diamond? or plat? gold? No. I would like to feel like I can at least maintain my previous standing, but that cannot be done in this system for mostly average players.
How do you know that? You and everyone else don't belong there. That's the thing. Everyone wants to be special.

Leara is a Ninja

02-11-2013

Quote:
I'm earning 30-50 lp per win and I haven't lost more than 5 lp for a loss in over 10 games.

like I said, if you are falling, it's probably because you're supposed to. Sorry if that bothers you, not everyone can be diamond.
That isn't even relevant.

SkyBearDrop

02-11-2013

Quote:

You're STILL missing the point.. NOT EVERYONE IS EXPECTING TO BE DIAMOND. Now after saying that, READ CAREFULLY, for those that are average the system is way to punishing. If you have 20 wins to every 5 loses of course you won't lose a ton of LP but if you are going 1:1 or 2:1 you lose a lot of progress just from one loss instead of making it half of your gain is lost now. Do you understand what I am saying now?

Luapman

02-11-2013

Quote:
How do you know that? You and everyone else don't belong there. That's the thing. Everyone wants to be special.
Part of what makes people annoying on forums is simply the lack of actually reading and comprehending what someone else has written. Please go back and try to understand what you have read before making yourself look like a superiority-complex ass.

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBearDrop View Post
You're STILL missing the point.. NOT EVERYONE IS EXPECTING TO BE DIAMOND. Now after saying that, READ CAREFULLY, for those that are average the system is way to punishing. If you have 20 wins to every 5 loses of course you won't lose a ton of LP but if you are going 1:1 or 2:1 you lose a lot of progress just from one loss instead of making it half of your gain is lost now. Do you understand what I am saying now?
OMG did you even read how the system works? I don't think you did. You lose rank if your MMR is lower than your current placement. I'm sorry if it bothers you to realize that, but it's the cold hard truth. You are going to where you belong.

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luapman View Post
Part of what makes people annoying on forums is simply the lack of actually reading and comprehending what someone else has written. Please go back and try to understand what you have read before making yourself look like a superiority-complex ass.
I did. What you are complaining about is irrelevant. You are complaining that you are falling in rank. Guess what? That's what happens when you belong at a lower rank.

SkyBearDrop

02-11-2013

Quote:
I did. What you are complaining about is irrelevant. You are complaining that you are falling in rank. Guess what? That's what happens when you belong at a lower rank.
If I'm going 1:1 or 2:1 in my games I should be staying right where I am, or slightly gaining, not falling, correct?