Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Isn't this ranked system supposed to make it more rewarding to rise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

USnip

02-11-2013

actually I feel embarrassed for giving you the rote response when you have such a clear idea of what about the system bothers you.

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Mustaphah:
I was rising before it got changed... I was averaging 20 - 50 elo gain day at 1200 elo.

So you never got above 1200, and you're still roughly the same

I fail to see the problem

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

Bump

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

Quote:
A Rabid Teemo:
So you never got above 1200, and you're still roughly the same

I fail to see the problem

I have silver border, which was 1300 elo last season (I think) that's what i got to at least.

EDIT: your silver div 5 like me, do you not feel blind, or like a blanket has been thrown over what's true and incorrect facts have been layered on top of this blanket?

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Luapman:
Completely agreed. Pre-new ranked: 55ish% win rate, solidly silver. Post-new ranked: 25ish% win rate, now down to the the bottom of Bronze IV...

Riot, ever heard the expression, "From the frying pan to the fire"? Can you admit this change was a SERIOUS failure?

That's probably where you belong. I was in bronze before, at 63 lp in silver 1 atm. Just because you fall doesn't mean the system is broken. Everyone can't be diamond.

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Mustaphah:
I have silver border, which was 1300 elo last season (I think) that's what i got to at least.

1300 was NOT the cutoff for silver border. It was the same as it is now, 1150 or whatever.

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

Quote:
A Rabid Teemo:
1300 was NOT the cutoff for silver border. It was the same as it is now, 1150 or whatever.

Well i got 1300

SkyBearDrop

02-11-2013

Quote:
A Rabid Teemo:
That's probably where you belong. I was in bronze before, at 63 lp in silver 1 atm. Just because you fall doesn't mean the system is broken. Everyone can't be diamond.

Not everyone expects to be diamond, but when you are winning 5 games in a row and you lose 3 the system says you lost those 5 games and 2 more that you haven't played yet, now make up for it. You have no goal to strive for when you have to win 2/3 to even get to the next 70 ELO. It's like saying, if you don't win this you won't gain 70 ELO and you will actually lose 25 or more of it for losing 1 game. It's rather frustrating when with the old system you might of actually seen SOME progress but with this system, it's way to punishing if you lose 1/3 games.

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

Someone wrote a song about the new ranked system -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0TG8Elz6o

Leara is a Ninja

02-11-2013

mathematically this system is tougher. I was 1400+ elo for a long time. I'm now down 2 divisions. lol.