Isn't this ranked system supposed to make it more rewarding to rise?

1234511 ... 50
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

@Riot I realise you can't reply to every single thread suggesting something because this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqPYvO4qCE <- (Skip to 0:35), but I'm sure some red eventually will fall into this thread and may not reply, I think this is something you really need to consider, your community has given you more factual evidence and reasoning behind why this system should have never been implemented then you have, given for it too be implemented. also scroll to the bottom of OP for the main problem summarised, it's a bit all over the place up here.

RIOT PLEASE JUST LET US SEE OUR ELO AT THE VERY LEAST, SOME PEOPLE WAY MY LIKE LEAGUES AND I RESPECT THAT BUT THIS SYSTEM I CANNOT RISE IN, I NEED TO SEE MY ELO, I NEED THE TRUE NUMBER.

The old system 1200 - 1500 (silver to gold) was 300 elo

It is now about 400 elo from Silver V to Gold V (Not including promotion periods, which you are bound to lose and have to redo along the way)

Honestly, why should I bother anymore

The one thing i didn't like about the elo system was the grind, YOU HAVE JUST MADE THIS WORSE.

> I'm from Australia i get an average 200 ping.

> And quite frankly i'm not enjoying this game anymore

> All this combined with how stupid the new ranked system is, is just GGWP for me. I'm calling it quits until the ranked system under goes some maintenance and is fixed and we are finally supplied with an Oceanic server, see you in an occasional normal, this game just isn't worth it anymore.

Oh yeh and in a year of play the meta is the most f*cked up it's ever been.

I'm not trying to be an attention wh0re, I just want to be able to enjoy my favourite game again, Riot shouldn't have to lie to us just because people QQ about the old system.

If this thread got maybe even 150 up votes (I realise is a lot) it could force a RED to come out and talk about these issues, and i feel like these are the issues that matter, all I've really seen major attention drawn to was the bugs where people were losing massive amounts of LP, but this isn't problem it's not the bugs it's the system itself.

I'd like to say again i'm not looking for attention, I just want what's best for the game, if a RED can come out and justify this system then fine, but i REALLY don't think anyone on the planet could justify this system over the old elo system, (I feel the only argument people could bring is, it's more aesthetically pleasing)

We need to get in Riot's face about this.

If you agree with me, we have to at least try, I've never been so competitive in a game before in my life, and I've never had experience with a company that is so attentive to their community as Riot is.

Just a few testimonials, I thought I shouldn't be the only opinion on the OP

Quote:
I agree the match making system doesn't make sense and its all around worse. I will get into games on my smurf where I am division gold 2 and 1750 mmr. I have had silver division 1 first picks that have 1490ish mmr how does that make any sense at all. Ranked feels even less meaningful then it used to considering tiers and divisions are completely ****ed up. And as said before its a longer grind to hit tiers then it used to be.
Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more, not a big fan of the new ranking system, i don't think ill ever will be. I don't know about you guys but im seeing more trolls than i've ever seen before. (been playing for 2 years)
Quote:
I feel you Mustaphah. I was in the 600s elo and climbed all the way up to 1300. It was hard, but it wasn't hard like this new system. This new system is bull****, matchmakes me with the worst people I've ever played with including people who have just started ranked when I'm well into my 400 ranked games. And it robs me of massive amounts of LP when I lose.

It really defers me from playing league anymore, I have lost my motivation and my love for it. This is my first year playing league and I thought I'd be in love with it forever but this new system just blows huge nuts.
Quote:
that's really well put, thank you.
Quote:
This new system encourages people to mess around in ranked. The old system was serious. With this system its lik hey you cant get any lower then silver go nuts with adc sona or taric mid. I agree with OP overall just remove this its harder to get any traction and always feels like you are slipping
Quote:
Significant issues with the system:

Lack of transparency - Your MMR (elo) is much more important than LP/division/etc. but is now hidden.

Blatant artificiality - The layering of LP/divisions/etc. over your MMR with LP clamping and the system "bullying" you where it thinks you should be just feels wrong. In the previous elo system players still ended up where they should be, but they experienced it organically.

Hidden deterrents/difficulty - Promotion matches are 3/4 or 4/6 in reality. You have to win once to hit 100 LP and trigger the promotion. You then have to win 2/3 or 3/5 to pass it. Unless you are jumping a tier, you can't lose much afterwards or risk dropping right back down to the previous division. So a division promotion effectively becomes more like 5 out of 7.

Cannot drop tiers - It is just as likely for someone to get placed higher than they "should be" as it is for someone to get placed lower than they "should be", but the former will thus never end up dropping down to were they should be resulting in the lower divisions being "baddie" fests for those trying to rise up in the latter category.

I begin to question whether Riot truly thought this system through.....
@Riot:

The main problems

> Lack of transparency between leagues lp etc and elo, elo being the only thing that really means anything.

> It takes more wins to rise to the equivalent tier then it did last season or the season before. This isn't more rewarding.

> The system lie's to you, by showing you meaningless tier's and divisions while hiding your elo. This is just text book confusing.

> You can't drop tiers once achieving them, and promotions periods to rise while no promotion to fall throws EVERYTHING out of wack.

> Diamond Div 1 players who can't get to challenger because it's full have nothing to aim for and no reason to really play, it essentially becomes high level norms.

> And I would just like to throw in, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the elo system and i'm not sure what made you think there was.

> If a red has taken the time to look at this, thank you so much.

Ok, 4 threads on first page have red posts, all the red's are coming on for a bit it seems, I don't believe that a red HASN'T looked at this thread, all we want is some sort of a reply, I feel like you aren't commenting because you can't defend the system against what I and other members of the community have said on this thread.

I like to think I'm an honest person, Riot your one of the best gaming companies in the world right now imo, but the one thing that bugs me is your inability to admit your mistakes, fix them and get on with it.

Like i said before i know a red has looked at this thread, and with that logic I know you guys know this is a mistake, that's why you haven't just come back with a counter argument and made me look like an ass-hat yet.

All we want is a response, Riot you aren't perfect no one is i see what you were shooting for with this system, but it feels rushed, and it feels disjointed, and it isn't achieving it's main purpose - To make ranked feel more rewarding.

I realise I'm just some player and you will never know who I am, but I know who you guys are, nd i'm just being up front and honest, and calling it the way i see it and experience it.

I would just love for some sort of response, how you feel with this system.

+ 100 Upvotes GJ Everyone!!!

+ 200

This is another thread saying a similar thing, not saying i agree or disagree, just putting it here.

> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post35013298

> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3239324

A Rabid Teemo

02-11-2013

Why are you complaining about the ranked system... you'd still have those problems no matter what system was in effect

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rabid Teemo View Post
Why are you complaining about the ranked system... you'd still have those problems no matter what system was in effect
I was rising before it got changed... I was averaging 20 - 50 elo gain day at 1200 elo.

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

Bump

faulkn22

02-11-2013

New system blows if you aren't a very good player. You will get matched with deviants who get pleasure in ruining everything around them. You have to be a hell of a player to climb out of that ****.

Striker Bounzer

02-11-2013

I feel you Mustaphah. I was in the 600s elo and climbed all the way up to 1300. It was hard, but it wasn't hard like this new system. This new system is bull****, matchmakes me with the worst people I've ever played with including people who have just started ranked when I'm well into my 400 ranked games. And it robs me of massive amounts of LP when I lose.

It really defers me from playing league anymore, I have lost my motivation and my love for it. This is my first year playing league and I thought I'd be in love with it forever but this new system just blows huge nuts.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaphah View Post
I was rising before it got changed... I was averaging 20 - 50 elo gain day at 1200 elo.
then you still are, everything is still based on your elo and nothing has changed about how elo changes or how matches are made. it's more likely you hit your actual elo and then stopped rising, did you really think you were going to gain an average of 35 elo a day indefinitely? u would be 25,000 elo in two years

Luapman

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkn22 View Post
New system blows if you aren't a very good player. You will get matched with deviants who get pleasure in ruining everything around them. You have to be a hell of a player to climb out of that ****.
Completely agreed. Pre-new ranked: 55ish% win rate, solidly silver. Post-new ranked: 25ish% win rate, now down to the the bottom of Bronze IV...

Riot, ever heard the expression, "From the frying pan to the fire"? Can you admit this change was a SERIOUS failure?

Mustaphah

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by USnip View Post
then you still are, everything is still based on your elo and nothing has changed about how elo changes or how matches are made. it's more likely you hit your actual elo and then stopped rising, did you really think you were going to gain an average of 35 elo a day indefinitely? u would be 25,000 elo in two years
Obviously not, but this new system is just retarded, people are getting to promotions then gaining 1 lp because their elo is behind what the league is saying they are, you have two elements of a system arguing with each other, and people don't see the problem with this?

(I mean they get to like 98 lp then gain 1)

I struggle with this because i can't set goals, I used to set goals like ok today i'm going to try and rise from 1200 - 1250.

Right now i'm just like, er where am I, i'm silver V but what is that. What's my elo, LKS is inaccurate or isn't elo, because a player had the same LKS as someone who got there promotion to the next tier while the other gained 1 lp and was told "they weren't ready yet" by the MMR system. I feel like now Riot is telling me "Just blindly win games and something will happen" while I'm sitting here struggling to play well because i'm not even sure what i'm striving for or where I currently am.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaphah View Post
Obviously not, but this new system is just retarded, people are getting to promotions then gaining 1 lp because their elo is behind what the league is saying they are, you have two elements of a system arguing with each other, and people don't see the problem with this?

(I mean they get to like 98 lp then gain 1)

I struggle with this because i can't set goals, I used to set goals like ok today i'm going to try and rise from 1200 - 1250.

Right now i'm just like, er where am I, i'm silver V but what is that. What's my elo, LKS is inaccurate or isn't elo, because a player had the same LKS as someone who got there promotion to the next tier while the other gained 1 lp and was told "they weren't ready yet" by the MMR system. I feel like now Riot is telling me "Just blindly win games and something will happen" while I'm sitting here struggling to play well because i'm not even sure what i'm striving for or where I currently am.
that's really well put, thank you.

1234511 ... 50