Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot is going to nerf Vi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorsz

02-11-2013

Quote:
Bungboy:
LOL 3 days ago http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34417574&posted=1#post34417574. It's hilarious, the GD is made up of sheep

Um.. you have 2 options.

You either think VI is fine or needs nerfed.

That means you're sheep for thinking one or the other. You're part of the "sheep" crowd for thinking shes fine and you're part of the "sheep" crowd if you think shes OP.

Idiot.

Hashmäl

02-11-2013

You mean they are going to nerf the last piece of **** they released so they can release a new piece of **** and people will want to buy it like always? No way.

Bungboy

02-11-2013

Quote:
Gallant Spike:
Gap closer with high range and burst damage. Can go through walls.

%HP phyical damage debuff that also buffs your attack speed and lowers enemy armor by 20%.

AA buff that also damages everything behind for the same amount. Can be used twice in quick succession and resets attack timer when used.

Ult that makes you immune to CC and deals considerable damage and stun.

So you listed what her kit does, and tried to make it sound OP. Wow, I'm impressed. No, really. Now I know how I can make any champ sound OP.

Passive gives up to 140 free ap at low hp, amplified by +25% from Deathcap and +5% from masteries!

High damage spammable aoe poke and wave clear that sustains at the same time!

Speed boost for two people, or can slow enemies. Effect is doubled with a mantra charge.

Shield that does a high damage aoe poke and wave clear at the same time.

All abilities have a max rank of 6.

The Sound

02-11-2013

Quote:
Bungboy:
So you listed what her kit does, and tried to make it sound OP. Wow, I'm impressed. No, really. Now I know how I can make any champ sound OP.

Passive gives up to 140 free ap at low hp, amplified by +25% from Deathcap and +5% from masteries!

High damage spammable aoe poke and wave clear that sustains at the same time!

Speed boost for two people, or can slow enemies. Effect is doubled with a mantra charge.

Shield that does a high damage aoe poke and wave clear at the same time.

All abilities have a max rank of 6.

You're trying too hard.

Your hyperbole sucks and is not relevant.

Bungboy

02-11-2013

Quote:
Gorsz:
Um.. you have 2 options.

You either think VI is fine or needs nerfed.

That means you're sheep for thinking one or the other. You're part of the "sheep" crowd for thinking shes fine and you're part of the "sheep" crowd if you think shes OP.

Idiot.

Let's begin with this. You're an idiot. I have no opinion on the balance of Vi. However I do have an opinion on the majority of the GD.

Diana, Rengar, Kha'zix, Elise, Evelynn, Katarina? Any of those seem familiar? No? To you, I didn't think so. - Those are most of recent champions that have been released or reworked. Every single one of them has been considered bad or useless, and then all of a sudden they're a perma ban, considered OP by the playerbase, and they immediately get hit hard because nobody understands how to play against them. Whether Vi is OP or not, she's one of the next champs on the nerf list whether you like it or not because of this GD mentality.

Chocoßo

02-11-2013

Quote:
Chocoßo:
dat

also i'm not sure why they would nerf vi when clearly there are other champions who have been stronger longer

jax, xin, garen etc

forgot to add darius, riven, olaf

Signature13

02-11-2013

Quote:
Trazz:
So she needs 2 skills and a summoner spell to travel about as far as Nocturne's level 1 ultimate?

Nocturne's whole point is so he can gank even with wards.. That's the highlight of his kit. Vi is a bruiser/offtank, who's supposed to be 1v1ing or tanking others, she shouldn't have that much range. You can't make that comparison, that's like saying Shen has a global ult or TF's ult is 5500 range in response to the OP.

Bungboy

02-11-2013

Quote:
The Sound:
You're trying too hard.

Your hyperbole sucks and is not relevant.

Lol I know my hyperbole sucks, but that's the point. With that logic, your "argument" of why Vi is OP sucks balls just as hard because literally all you did was describe what her kit does.

Gladius Altra

02-11-2013

shes actually a tad weak. She is good against tanks though which is the meta.

fgtbears

02-11-2013

Lots of unaware people in the thread.

The problem with vi isn't her damage, it's the range at which she can do a completely unstoppable hard cc.