A New Forum Dawns!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Bumpin'. Would love to see more competent people join it.

xScaredyCatx

02-12-2013

I like thi sidea very well

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icraig33 View Post
In recent times, I've noticed that a good portion of you don't seem to be enjoying this forum at the moment, or at least, not as much as you used to. So I've decided to make a champion concepts forum called "Champcrafter" (name not final) for you guys to join. Seeing as this will be an actual forum, as opposed to a sub-category of a larger forum, it will have much more dedication put into it. Some of this forum's current features include:

- More protection against trolls and spam.
- More organized navigation, allowing you to access specific champion types more easily.
- Basic champion indexes built into everyone's profile for you to keep track of all your creations
- easy transitions from the champs on this site to Champcrafter (due to the scripting being pretty much the same), in case you want to import your champs
- Upload your own custom avatars and signatures!

Now, keep in mind that this website is pretty recent, meaning that it isn't quite perfect. I still need a couple moderators to help out and there is still a bunch of work to do on it/ a lot of potential features that have yet to be added. However, I personally believe that it's currently in a state where people can join. Consider this a bit of a beta test.

So, without further ado, come take a look around Champcrafter!
http://champcrafter.forumotion.com/
Great idea but damn! Too much to transfer! :S

SephirothWontDie

02-12-2013

when we transfer champions, is there a way to move them over or do we copy and paste?(this is a serious question, I am not a computer expert, copy and paste is what I use to get my existing information around, lol)

Icraig33

02-12-2013

You should be able to simply copy/paste all the text, as it seems to use the same BBC code as this site. I'm not sure on pictures though, so you might want to re-implement the images separately on Champcrafter. To be honest, I think that's a reasonable compromise for being able to transfer all the more important aspects

Moby the White

02-12-2013

I'm concerned about this Icraig. What does this do to the current forum and the council?

What sort of issues would we face if we suggested to other council members the concept of considering this idea. I would like to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of joining this as a council member. Would the council in your eyes be worthy of moderator consideration or is that an empowerment that council should stay away from because we are not meant to be a figure that dictates or governs but merely aids

Icraig33

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
I'm concerned about this Icraig. What does this do to the current forum and the council?

What sort of issues would we face if we suggested to other council members the concept of considering this idea. I would like to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of joining this as a council member. Would the council in your eyes be worthy of moderator consideration or is that an empowerment that council should stay away from because we are not meant to be a figure that dictates or governs but merely aids
Hmm...

I'm annoyed right now, because I know what I want to say, but I don't know how to put it into proper text. I'll go ahead and try to relay my thoughts as best as I can:

At the moment, I don't think it's currently clashing with this forum in any significant way. Whatever happens, Champcrafter won't kill this place. This place is here to stay no matter what, simply due to the amount of people that frequent it. Maybe, if my forum outgrows this one it could start clashing, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. This, in turn, means that there shouldn't be any clashing with your Council as well.

As for Council members joining Champcrafter, I see two potential issues: The first one being having to split your focus onto two separate forums that serve the same general goal, and the second one being the potential fear/jelousy of a weaker presence within the community. However, I don't see that as a big deal because, as long as you maintain your presence in the LoL concept forums, your presence should remain just as strong at Champcrafter. One of the pros I see for you guys would be the ability to help out newer crafters who actually want the help, and less time having to sift through troll threads/crafters that are irreversably blinded from their creation's flaws. Another pro, though this one would be more for me, would be that I believe Council members joining my forum would cause others to follow in your wake, speeding the growth of the site slightly. Potential cons are mostly the ones I just stated earlier.

Also, seeing as you guys help this place out a lot, I would definitely consider you for the moderator roles. Not to mention, you already kind of have the power to govern/dictate this place, due to the amount of help you've given to so many people, and you haven't been abusing this power so far, so I don't think it would be any different as a Champcrafter mod.

Moby the White

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icraig33 View Post
Hmm...

I'm annoyed right now, because I know what I want to say, but I don't know how to put it into proper text. I'll go ahead and try to relay my thoughts as best as I can:

At the moment, I don't think it's currently clashing with this forum in any significant way. Whatever happens, Champcrafter won't kill this place. This place is here to stay no matter what, simply due to the amount of people that frequent it. Maybe, if my forum outgrows this one it could start clashing, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. This, in turn, means that there shouldn't be any clashing with your Council as well.

As for Council members joining Champcrafter, I see two potential issues: The first one being having to split your focus onto two separate forums that serve the same general goal, and the second one being the potential fear/jelousy of a weaker presence within the community. However, I don't see that as a big deal because, as long as you maintain your presence in the LoL concept forums, your presence should remain just as strong at Champcrafter. One of the pros I see for you guys would be the ability to help out newer crafters who actually want the help, and less time having to sift through troll threads/crafters that are irreversably blinded from their creation's flaws. Another pro, though this one would be more for me, would be that I believe Council members joining my forum would cause others to follow in your wake, speeding the growth of the site slightly. Potential cons are mostly the ones I just stated earlier.

Also, seeing as you guys help this place out a lot, I would definitely consider you for the moderator roles. Not to mention, you already kind of have the power to govern/dictate this place, due to the amount of help you've given to so many people, and you haven't been abusing this power so far, so I don't think it would be any different as a Champcrafter mod.
I appreciate your thorough response, I know I am personally interested in the aspects of your site. At the present time I will postpone offering my assistance until I confer with other members of the council and determine whether or not it is a conflict of interest in their eyes. I gladly would love to help moderate as a former forum/game moderator I'd love to put my skills back to good use.

Moby the White

02-14-2013

nvm then i guess someone didnt appreciate the sentiment

Icraig33

02-14-2013

what's wrong? Who didn't appreciate what?