Scaling Nunu Late-Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acorn Thief

02-27-2013

First of all, I am NOT talking about support Nunu, I am talking about solo lane Nunu or jungle Nunu.

With that out of the way, I created this thread because I've read that Nunu does not scale very well into the late game, and I was wondering if there was a way to build him in such a way that he could end up being a very viable late game champion. The two builds that I have in mind are his AP and tank builds that might have the ability to change a non-late game champ into a perfectly viable late game powerhouse.

Any suggestions on what to build AND WHY are appreciated!

TheMisterAce

02-27-2013

Yeah...he scales into late game best as a tank-AP-support. If a game gets to last around then, this is what you should aim to achieve.

ZOMGTURTLE

02-27-2013

It's not the build, it's the kit. His snowball, even with AP, isn't even close to most casters' nuke, and his only other offensive spell is his ult (once teamfighting rolls around, it is usually interrupted almost immediately in the current cc-heavy league), which only does good damage if you get the duration off. Odds are, later in the game it will be interrupted or avoided entirely. So his offensive capabilities are minimal, relegating him primarily to being a buff-bot and damage soak (tanking turrets when diving, trying to catch skillshots).