Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL for mac

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApackofPonies

10-26-2010

I was wondering when LoL is coming out for the mac computer. I am forced to play on my gf's laptop and she's starting to get annoyed.

Sylph

Recruiter

10-26-2010

Quote:
Kaustus:
I was wondering when LoL is coming out for the mac computer. I am forced to play on my gf's laptop and she's starting to get annoyed.

Hello Kaustus; I don't think there is an official release date for the Mac Version of League at this time. They are still testing out the platform and optimizing it. I'm sure the team would appreciate another tester if you are interested in helping them out.

Loonybin

10-26-2010

get vmware.
????
profit.

(I use vmware)

Stillhart

10-26-2010

My friend has it running on his MacBook. Don't ask me how because I wouldn't use one if you gave it to me free. But I know it can be done. Check Google.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

10-26-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31 check here for details on the official mac client
there are also virtual machine options.

xpsychedelico

10-26-2010

I use a Windows partition that I created using Boot Camp. Runs smoothly, just as good as having two separate laptops. The installation instructions are very simple, you will need a windows installation disc though.

Gaithis

11-12-2010

I did a parallels version and it was bad... I would go with Boot Camp. Good Luck.

blackholic

11-12-2010

Server down T.T

JokerSmilez

11-12-2010

I play the game on my Macbook Pro using a Bootcamp partition with XP installed. I get a solid 59-60fps, no problems.

I tried the Mac client beta a couple weeks ago and the fps made it unplayable, topping out at I think 13fps. I should try it again with no running programs to see if that makes a difference, but it's definitely not optimized yet. I look forward to it being official, because I'd prefer not to have to reboot every time I want to play.

Disturbeaux

11-13-2010

A mac version is in the works?! I'm SO happy to hear this I use Boot Camp on my Mac and just boot into Win 7, but would prefer to be playing on OSX.

Woot!

Oh and hi. I'm pretty new.