ADC Kennen Viable for S3, or is Caitlyn just generally better? *Numbers included

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spexray

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
There are only one or two assassins in the entire game that can totally asplode someone in under 1 second without them being fed, and only one of them can keep Kennen from just lightning rushing away. G and G.

Yes, That ONE is LeBlanc.
And then there's the fact that LeBlanc never wins anything but her lane because she falls off so hard late game. Talon actually is probably the best choice for ruining AD Kennen's life in less than a second because he silences too, and can be somewhat useful in the late game.

Armageddal

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
I didnt hate on anything. I answered the question in the title. I'm saying his R wont be much help once the assassin has engaged unless he's already got stacks on them. Im going to claim that most actual assassins have an answer to this. Wether or not you believe me is your problem

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...assin_Champion
Here's a link if you just want to check on your own and let it bake on it for a while.

I'd give some detailed explanation but you know how that can go
I was referring to the fact that you were hating on many other builds on my thread, but I suppose it has faded from your mind.

Actually, if you pop your ultimate as soon as you see them coming for you (e.g. as you see Akali dash to you), let one bolt hit, throw Q or hit W, then wait for a second bolt, you'll stun them in 1 second, which should at least be enough time to survive the initial burst.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
I was referring to the fact that you were hating on many other builds on my thread, but I suppose it has faded from your mind.

Actually, if you pop your ultimate as soon as you see them coming for you (e.g. as you see Akali dash to you), let one bolt hit, throw Q or hit W, then wait for a second bolt, you'll stun them in 1 second, which should at least be enough time to survive the initial burst.
are you sure that wasnt crimsonwhatshisface? I dont recall hating on any builds. I have said something about some but not enough to consider it "hating" even if you exadgerrated.

Also..
if kennen can survive 1 second of akali what makes you think akali can't take 1 second of him. Also wouldnt she just shroud and wait him out while he cant aa her? Sure he can get true sight but she can also build so he never gets a chance to kill her. Also keep in mind that his damage steroid deals magic damage which splits damage increasing the effectiveness of resistance especially against melee champs with an excuse to build something like mercurial scimitar or abyssal.

But lets just assume I'm wrong. I don't think this is going anywhere, even if I am wrong it doesnt seem to change anything here. Especially not the mood.

Takhuan

02-17-2013

Kennen is one of the most adaptable champions. He's the only one I have ever had any luck runing crit damage runes or all ad/lvl on and still having a successful lane phase.

He can farm off of his q and his w and his e makes him less easy to kill. He runs energy so he can use these skills for the entire lane phase.

His ult is good for stopping enemies from diving him. His base stats for attack speed and damage are really high. His only weakness is his attack range and that he can't auto attack when he uses his e.

[edit: this whole thing about assassins killing an ad carry is moot. That's what assassins do.]

RadiantPyrophore

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexray View Post
And then there's the fact that LeBlanc never wins anything but her lane because she falls off so hard late game. Talon actually is probably the best choice for ruining AD Kennen's life in less than a second because he silences too, and can be somewhat useful in the late game.
I never said LeBlanc was any good, I just said she would be the only one who could really do that, although I admit I forgot about Kassadin too.
As for Talon, if Kennen survives the silence he can easily outrun Talon's ult.

Spexray

02-20-2013

Added a paragraph before the tl;dr section. I realized I never really pointed out in the original post that I personally believe Kennen is viable

Spexray

03-11-2013

Did a bit more math. It tuns out that WITHOUT Hurricane, Kennen does more damage on average (per attack). I also called out Morello asking if AD Kennen will ever get any love.

Tang Bohu

03-23-2013

Bump.

This is a thing.

Spexray

03-30-2013

Bump. Also I bolded some of the numbers in the OP so they're easier to find if someone tries to reference this.

Spexray

04-26-2013

Finally got my first pentakill, and it happened with AD Kennen. B^|