ADC Kennen Viable for S3, or is Caitlyn just generally better? *Numbers included

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexray View Post
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri
You can see the numbers there. Compare them to Ryze's scaling, and the fact that not only once you are targetted by Ryze, you're getting his full combo without chance to miss, but he actually SCALES BETTER WITH AP despite the fact that Riot made his AP scaling so low that he is encouraged to build Mana for damage instead. Now please take your irrelevant Ahri chatter somewhere else, I'm sick of you polluting my thread with it. You should make an Ahri thread explaining why she needs a buff and I'll be there supporting. You are an Ahri main and should be able to bring some points to the unnecessarily low scaling on Ahri's abilities. Otherwise let's bring the topic back to Caitlyn and Kennen.
why would ahri the assassin get targeted by ryze the mage :P

by this logic talon could never touch kennen which is why I bring this up. Thats what that whole "I don't know about other assassins but..." but was about

Armageddal

02-11-2013

I've been playing Kennen as my main AD carry lately, and I'm loving it. His damage in lane is off the charts (magic damage is actually a positive thing in lane, since the enemy will have much less MR than armour; late game the damage from his abilities is minimal, but of course they also proc his passive, so they're not useless).

I usually max W followed by E, with a single point in Q at level 3 or 4 (unless you max Q first, the damage from it isn't going to be worth the low cooldown, low energy cost escape and +50 armour/MR buff).

I'm also loving his late game damage and safety. Frankly, if you built a Warmog's on him as his last item, he would become surprisingly durable with the buff from his E.

Spexray

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
why would ahri the assassin get targeted by ryze the mage :P

by this logic talon could never touch kennen which is why I bring this up. Thats what that whole "I don't know about other assassins but..." but was about
You don't get it. I'm saying that Ryze's scales are so LOW that he is encouraged NOT TO BUILD AP, and instead build Mana to up his damage, and Ahri's scales are actually LOWER than that. She is an extremely weak champion, and all you've done for this thread is not read the original post at all then just say "Kennen unviable because Ahri OP herpaderp". Well here's something for ya. Ahri with 220 ability power drops her full combo on one single person, not a single spell hits anyone else and ths target has literally zero magic resistance, (she is doing 100% true damage with all of her spells), this target will take 1864 damage. Kennen's base health at 18 is 1825. This means that if Kennen has 3 (Not 30, not 300, just 3) points of magic resistance, he survives. Please do everyone in this thread a favor, and gtfo with your irrelevant Ahri ****. She's a cool champion, but she's weak and she's irrelevant to this topic. You can come back when you read the original post and have something constructive to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
I've been playing Kennen as my main AD carry lately, and I'm loving it. His damage in lane is off the charts (magic damage is actually a positive thing in lane, since the enemy will have much less MR than armour; late game the damage from his abilities is minimal, but of course they also proc his passive, so they're not useless).

I usually max W followed by E, with a single point in Q at level 3 or 4 (unless you max Q first, the damage from it isn't going to be worth the low cooldown, low energy cost escape and +50 armour/MR buff).

I'm also loving his late game damage and safety. Frankly, if you built a Warmog's on him as his last item, he would become surprisingly durable with the buff from his E.
Good post, I level up my spells in the same order, W first as his only AD booster, and supposedly the new meta is AD Carries build Warmog's instead of Guardian Angel. I max Q last too because all I want out of the spell is to get me one mark closer to a stun, as ADC Kennen his damage is supposed to come from his AAs.

Spexray

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Well back when Kennen was created the meta wasn't quite as defined, his auto attack range was longer and ad ratios were less common than they are now.

Overall he is a better top than a mid or adc.
I guess that's all true. *looks at Tristana*

I actually haven't played him top. I've heard and read that that's where he excells, but I've always played him as a mid champ, and I guess occasionally as an ADC.

Unwardil

02-11-2013

For maximum super fun happy time, try running ad Kennen with a Jarvan support.

You're welcome.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexray View Post
You don't get it. I'm saying that Ryze's scales are so LOW that he is encouraged NOT TO BUILD AP, and instead build Mana to up his damage, and Ahri's scales are actually LOWER than that. She is an extremely weak champion, and all you've done for this thread is not read the original post at all then just say "Kennen unviable because Ahri OP herpaderp". Well here's something for ya. Ahri with 220 ability power drops her full combo on one single person, not a single spell hits anyone else and ths target has literally zero magic resistance, (she is doing 100% true damage with all of her spells), this target will take 1864 damage. Kennen's base health at 18 is 1825. This means that if Kennen has 3 (Not 30, not 300, just 3) points of magic resistance, he survives. Please do everyone in this thread a favor, and gtfo with your irrelevant Ahri ****. She's a cool champion, but she's weak and she's irrelevant to this topic. You can come back when you read the original post and have something constructive to say.
you cant really compare ahri to ryze and you really shouldnt considering that despite also having an easy time killing kennen its supposed to be about killing kennen vs killing cait. ryze has lower ratios but he has no hard CC has shorter range which kennen gets to take advantage of and he has no way to force kennen to engage or die whereas most assassins can cait has a better chance especially since she is less likely to get pinned down by ryze or otherwise while outside of attack range.

:/ too much to read, kennen has awkward issues, so does cait but cait has more to offer against a team that can handle either one mostly because of who she counters (sortof) and what kind of common issues she has any better than average answer to.

TL;DR
make a pro con list and list why youd want this specific champ in the adc role. By specific I mean matchups and strategies.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwardil View Post
For maximum super fun happy time, try running ad Kennen with a Jarvan support.

You're welcome.
^strategies

BlackIronBeast

02-11-2013

I like playing ADCs, I'll give Kennen a try. People can argue and theory craft all day whether they think he's viable or not but you can't say anything until you've at least tried it/fought it. Besides, it all comes down to the skill of a player. Who counters who doesn't always matter if you know your champs better than your enemy. That just leaves personal preference and what style of play a summoner likes to choose the champion that fits them best. For instance, I've never really liked Cait--just isn't that appealing to me (unless she's in her police outfit--in which case it's just fine for the enemy to wear while I dunk her). I prefer Graves when I play ADC. Whether some other ADC is better/worse makes no difference to me cause I just like the dude and practice getting good with him. I like ninjas, so I wanna give ADC Kennen a try!

TLDR this thread isn't about Ahri. Stahp.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIronBeast View Post
I like playing ADCs, I'll give Kennen a try. People can argue and theory craft all day whether they think he's viable or not but you can't say anything until you've at least tried it/fought it. Besides, it all comes down to the skill of a player. Who counters who doesn't always matter if you know your champs better than your enemy. That just leaves personal preference and what style of play a summoner likes to choose the champion that fits them best. For instance, I've never really liked Cait--just isn't that appealing to me (unless she's in her police outfit--in which case it's just fine for the enemy to wear while I dunk her). I prefer Graves when I play ADC. Whether some other ADC is better/worse makes no difference to me cause I just like the dude and practice getting good with him. I like ninjas, so I wanna give ADC Kennen a try!

TLDR this thread isn't about Ahri. Stahp.
I brought up ahri as an example of the kindof assassin that kennen will have trouble with. He'd probably have the same issue with eve, talon, or akali. Graves also has a better response to these sorts of champs. Ezreal, corki, draven, ashe, MF all of them have a better answer. There is sivir who doesnt seem to have one but even she has her spellshield. Also who counters who isnt a huge deal all the time but we arent discussing if the champ can be doable in a certain role or not. Its about whether or not one champ can perform at the level of another champ thats been balanced around the role for a long time already. Also I mentioned more than counters, counters are just a small part of purpose.

tl;dr
every thread is about ahri.. its just not always supposed to be obvious

BallSagett

02-11-2013

To me, Ad kennan is a carry that literally peels for himself, and even has an escape/gap closer and multiple stuns....so many pros to ad kennan that caitlin doesnt have. Of course shes does have her own pros

1234567 ... 9