Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Starting items for mid lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daft Daft

02-10-2013

Ever since they increased the price of Crystalline Flask, it seems it's not the ideal starting items for mid anymore. I've been seeing a lot of people start pots+ward now and back to boots+pots. What are the popular starting items now?

AlenKT

02-10-2013

I always use boots + 3 pots, it's all about dodging skillshoTs and managing your mana.

Worst Morde BR

02-10-2013

2 wards 9 pots. Outsustain them.

xSuccubus

02-10-2013

i still go flask since i keep it for a long time
also you sell it back when your done with it so personally i still like it over that whole 13 pot thing and boots 3 is just not enough because i need mana pots too

Teckn0

02-10-2013

2 wards + pots. Sustain Safe Farming. Get those cs yo.

AcrobaticApricot

02-10-2013

flask pots or pots wards or faerie charm pots ward or cloth 5

Solcloud

02-10-2013

xSuccubus is right flask is still worth it, though the flask is also preference so you could go hp pots, mana pots, and wards or 9 hp pots 2 wards if you use no mana

Cuddle Me Tight

02-10-2013

If you need to dodge skillshots, boots and pots; if you have a very weak start, flask and pots.

Magni

02-10-2013

There are plenty of starting options.

Boots + 3 potions
Faerie Charm + 2 wards + 4 potions
Faerie Charm + 1 ward + 6 potions
9 potions + 2 wards
Doran's Ring
Crystalline Flask + 3 potions
Cloth + 5 potions

I usually pick one of these depending on how easy/hard I expect the lane to be and how much jungler presence I'm expecting. Boots are great to be aggressive or against skillshot-based champions (Cassiopeia). Faerie Charm start is great on anybody who wants to get an Athene's or Morellonomicon (Lux, Orianna) or a Tear of the Goddess (Ryze, Anivia). Full consumable starts are great on very weak early laners, typically melees (Katarina, Kassadin). Cloth against difficult AD lanes (Pantheon, Kha'Zix).

I don't ever start Doran's Ring but if you're feeling very confident and playing an ultra-safe laner then it could be worth it (Morgana).

MikeyIke

02-10-2013

Boots and potions, or the flask. The other ideas are for people who can't manage their mana/think the "outsustain" thing is the way to go. which is just their fault. Oh, and the dorans ring is great too.