Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I have a skin - Big deal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crisco Moonshine

02-10-2013

Yeah, I saw a lot of this when PFE was released. It's probably the least insulting thing one could bring up (LOL YOU SUPPORT RIOT YOU NOOB) and I would hate to be the guy who's having their tribunal case looked at by Riot, where they flamed someone who spent money on their game.

SirValcarde

02-10-2013

Quote:
Maniacdog:
I have both and swap between the two.... I agree rugged is the best - But Steel Leigon has been getting me the 'bad' calls from fellow gamers.

Wouldn't worry about it overmuch.
I don't like it simply because I don't like how W40K it is, as I don't like that setting all that much. But I wouldn't judge someone's play ability based on their skin.
I'd suspect the ones doing so are the ones who think it's cool to hate on something new.

Quote:
Yeah, I saw a lot of this when PFE was released. It's probably the least insulting thing one could bring up (LOL YOU SUPPORT RIOT YOU NOOB) and I would hate to be the guy who's having their tribunal case looked at by Riot, where they flamed someone who spent money on their game.

I think it looks amazing, and if I had Ez and the money to spare, I'd likely pick up the skin, as I love the Mega Man series and that certainly sparks some of that.
However, it's definitely one of the 'Ferrari's' of skins, where only people with money to spare will pick it up in most cases.

Maniacdog

02-10-2013

Quote:
navinia:

^^This - Exactly!

I mean sure I don't have awesome games all the time but I mean - To give me a hard time about buying a skin. It's pretty stupid. Especially as it helps keep the game moving forwards financially...

judgeshowtunes

02-10-2013

Quote:
Zelkelion:
The first game I played as Gatekeeper Galio someone told me I was an idiot for wasting 20.00 on a skin for a champion that wasn't even good.

I still like the skin but I do hesitate to use it, because Galio isn't that great :P

He is if you play him right. That ult can be devastating, and his lane phase is insanely strong. The only reason he wouldn't be too great is if they pick a bruiser mid, I think, and even then I think he could hold his own. It just wouldn't be easy mode like it is against AP.

I'm not sure why people give you **** about having a skin. I've rarely run into that, personally. But if they do, ignore them. Skins are awesome.

TheProfezzor

02-10-2013

Prior to my ban for insulting players I would definitely make a comment about an individual doing poorly with a skin. It is my assumption that a player buys a skin for a champ they like/play a lot with/are good with. If that individual plays frequently with the champ, it is also my assumption that they would be better than average, when to my dismay that they actually play BELOW average is when I will start making comments.

So really, it's the difference between playing mediocre or just straight up playing bad. If you're playing bad, I would make a comment. Or rather, I used to make a ban.

Maniacdog

02-10-2013

Quote:
TheProfezzor:
Prior to my ban for insulting players I would definitely make a comment about an individual doing poorly with a skin. It is my assumption that a player buys a skin for a champ they like/play a lot with/are good with. If that individual plays frequently with the champ, it is also my assumption that they would be better than average, when to my dismay that they actually play BELOW average is when I will start making comments.

So really, it's the difference between playing mediocre or just straight up playing bad. If you're playing bad, I would make a comment. Or rather, I used to make a ban.

But apart from your feeling of 'superiority' what did that achieve? - I mean I don't understand raging at the best of times - Trust me if I am doing bad I know it. I don't need some tool-bag to come onto chat and start telling me about it.

I think that maybe cos I am old - I just cant be bothered getting mad at my fellow team mates when bad stuff happens - I try to go help them or encourage them.

Maybe make less assumptions - and just play the game.