Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I have a skin - Big deal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maniacdog

02-10-2013

Hi all - Just wanted to share my little story.

I am a Bronze player and I know it - I am a 35 year old guy with reflexes that aren't what they used to be. So I know Ill never be an elite player in LOL. Because lets face it - apart from the high ping we get here in Australia my reaction time isn't what it used to be.

But I love the game - Ironically for its team-play (whenever I am either lucky on Solo Q or my friends are on-line), and mainly for the fact that I can lose myself in the fun of the game for 30-60 minutes and the issues of the world disappear for a bit....

I have a real life that includes a mortgage and a long term relationship with my lady so I have real life things to juggle - I guess I am lucky with my girl as she understands that I like gaming and need a break from real life from time to time - Yet I understand that she also needs some attention paid to her each day.... its a ying / yang thing....

So what annoys the **** out of me is when playing in a Solo Q and I may not be having an awesome game someone calls me out for having a skin... what tha?

• I buy skins because I love LOL - not because I am awesome. (my rankings will prove that)
  • I buy them for the champs that I enjoy playing not because I am the next world beater.
  • I buy them because I can afford it and don't have to be vanilla, I make good money why not spend it on something I enjoy doing?
  • I buy them to support the evil Chinese Dictators that make this game fun... Happy new year BTW.

And you know what - I'm going to keep on buying them. So just relax will you!
This game isn't always about being the best - Sometimes its as simple as playing for fun (and still trying to win) - But if you don't win - Relax there is always the next game....

STKuja

02-10-2013

This thread is not very skintimidating

NgArclite

02-10-2013

Just ingore them. Mute them and hope you won't q with them again. I buy skins that I like even for champs I know I will never play. At least 1 skin per champ is my plan

Maniacdog

02-10-2013

Just wanted to put the old age gamer perspective out there.... Steel Legion Garen Skin FTW.

Mephew

02-10-2013

Solo - Q

Don't let it get to ya

Rabidwhale

02-10-2013

I'm not sure I've ever been called out for having a skin and not playing well.

LegionaireReaver

02-10-2013

This text is Bold, Italic, and Underlined, pay attention to me, i know what i'm doing,

SirValcarde

02-10-2013

Quote:
Maniacdog:
Just wanted to put the old age gamer perspective out there.... Steel Legion Garen Skin FTW.

Not a fan of it.
Rugged Garen, on the other hand...

Maniacdog

02-10-2013

Quote:
SirValcarde:
Not a fan of it.
Rugged Garen, on the other hand...

I have both and swap between the two.... I agree rugged is the best - But Steel Leigon has been getting me the 'bad' calls from fellow gamers.

Windless Bear

02-10-2013

The first game I played as Gatekeeper Galio someone told me I was an idiot for wasting 20.00 on a skin for a champion that wasn't even good.

I still like the skin but I do hesitate to use it, because Galio isn't that great :P