Demotion Question!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRazoth

02-10-2013

The best thing about the Bo3 promotions in the current setup is that you have to win 2 + Bo3 to get promoted.

You have to win a game to qualify for a promotion series, and most of the time you are going to have to win the game immediately preceding the qualifier (in order to be close enough to 100 for that to BE a qualifier).

At least before you could rationalize your inability to climb to the top as "I'm not as good as the people up there". Now it actively feels like the system is working against you.

MiMi luvluv

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami889 View Post
the grace period is over now, i just recently had this happen to me where i won a match, lost one, then lost another, so aftter 3 ranked games, 1 won and 2 lost, i was demoted... i was pretty pissed
omg

xtatic

02-10-2013

You won't drop a division if you just got promoted and subsequently lost a match at 0LP. I can attest that I lost a match directly following my promotion and maintained my divisional ranking. TL;DR: the "grace period" persists for an undetermined period of time. Although I am quite scared to queue up another match...