Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Demotion Question!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiMi luvluv

02-10-2013

Ok, so I got promoted to Division 1.

I won a game. I gained LP.

Then I lost a game, I return to 0 LP.

Now do I still have a grace period? I was wondering because I won my first game and I don't know if that nullifies the grace period?

What happens if I lose my next one?

PrestigedOnce

02-10-2013

I need to know too so bump

MiMi luvluv

02-10-2013

bump i'm scared to play

unregenerate

02-10-2013

Quote:
MiMi luvluv:
bump i'm scared to play

well if you do, being scared to play is only wasting that time. Gotta try at some point.

MiMi luvluv

02-10-2013

Quote:
unregenerate:
well if you do, being scared to play is only wasting that time. Gotta try at some point.

And lose a game and getting demoted back to 50 LP in Division 2 and having to go through the whole process of getting 50 more LP and winning a Bo3?

I'd rather wait.

ChocolateBiscuit

02-10-2013

I'm fairly sure the grace period stays even if you win. The duration of the grace period, I'm unfamiliar with.

Don't quote me on it though.

Selthus

02-10-2013

You should be fine. The system expects outcomes like this.

Lyoublue

02-10-2013

You have a several game grace period. You are safe from demotion as long as you have a "new recruit" icon next to your name when you check league standings.

MiMi luvluv

02-10-2013

Quote:
Lyoublue:
You have a several game grace period. You are safe from demotion as long as you have a "new recruit" icon next to your name when you check league standings.

I don't have a New Recruit emblem.... and I've only played 2 games in this division

yami889

Recruiter

02-10-2013

the grace period is over now, i just recently had this happen to me where i won a match, lost one, then lost another, so aftter 3 ranked games, 1 won and 2 lost, i was demoted... i was pretty pissed