I hardly notice the client notices.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luchen

07-13-2009

Normally when you're browsing the client you hear a bunch of random sounds that are supposed to let you know when someone has said something on the chat room, someone has joined the chatroom, your friend is online, etc.

The problem? i don't know what's going on. There's really no way to tell what just happened. Keeping track of that many things hapenning on different windows that most of the times are minimized is really impossible, specially if there's no way to see what just happened. (I would suggest a status window but that would only add up to the problem of having too many windows that you barely have on screen). So most of the times i just feel that my client just farted and i have to akwardly ignore it until it happens again.

I know this was already noted by Jay (thanks for listening on the game chat <3) but i thought it was worth discussing.

Rev

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

I agree. The innocuous tones used just don't give any kind of indication as to what they're for.

Did a friend come online, did I get invited to a game, did I get a chat message? I have no idea! Time to go search for the thing that changed!

micha

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

I agree. there are so much tons but i still doesn't know, what is going up when there's a sound -.-
i cant match wich sound is for what exactly, thats maybe also the main reason why i have just turned off sound very often at front-end :P

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

07-14-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Great feedback guys. Keep it coming!

Rev

Adjudicator

07-14-2009

I really dig the announcer from the game and think he should have an announcement in the front end when a friend invites you to a game.

I'd use him for everything, but friends going on and offline and chat message alerts would just happen too often.