Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Something I can't test but am curious about

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Millouis

02-10-2013

Considering a player who was unranked before the league system came in, considering the results of his provisional matches, what division/tier is he placed in? It was easy to calculate on the old system but now I don't know. If I get the info I intend to make a small chart, like, for example:

0/10 - Bronze V
5/5 - Silver III

I know those 2 only bcuz of a friend who's terrible and went 0/10, and I got 5/5 on pbe and went silver III. On the normal servers I'm 7/2 right now and I'm wondering how much will this next win/defeat change it. Will I be gold V if I get 8/2? (Before it would be gold with that score, idk now)

I'm wondering about each and every of the 11 possible results (from 0/10 to 10/0). If you never played ranked before this system and you remember where you've been placed after the first 10 and what was your score, please let me know.

Cyraknoss

02-10-2013

PBE tuning is different from live. If you go 5/5 on live you'll pop out Silver 5 or Silver 4 depending on the quality of players you were against.

namora

02-11-2013

I think that MMR is still used for overall placement. So you'll be matched up with people around your MMR still. don't quote me on it, but that's my best guess. I never entirely understood the previous system, so I can't really properly relate the two.

~Summoner namora, of the lowercase.

ploki122

02-11-2013

I think 10/0 may throw you into Gold V, but 8/2 is def Silver I, and I wouldn't be surprised if 9/1 is too.

Millouis

02-12-2013

Quote:
namora:
I think that MMR is still used for overall placement. So you'll be matched up with people around your MMR still. don't quote me on it, but that's my best guess. I never entirely understood the previous system, so I can't really properly relate the two.

~Summoner namora, of the lowercase.

But someone who never played ranked before doesn't have a ranked MMR.

Millouis

02-12-2013

Quote:
ploki122:
I think 10/0 may throw you into Gold V, but 8/2 is def Silver I, and I wouldn't be surprised if 9/1 is too.

I just heard from someone else they got Silver I from 7/3. So I believe 9/1 might be Gold V just like 10/0.

Millouis

02-12-2013

7/3 got me to Silver IV, wtf Riot? On the old elo system I'd be almost gold. (Considering 1250 + 35 + 35 + 35 +35 + 35 + 35 + 35 - 35 - 35 - 35 = 1380. That'd be Silver II or III but not IV I believe.)

Esreal

Recruiter

04-04-2013

1380 would be like silver 2 since i was 1340 elo ~ pre season and i ended up in silver 2 ( now silver 3 )