Team buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zippofan

02-10-2013

Hello fellow summoners!

I was talking with my friend the other day and i had an idea. Note that if that idea has been said before, i have no idea it exist.

Anyways, here it is. The idea is that when a team plays 5 champions from the same origin (Demacia, Noxus, Yordle, Ionia, Shadow Isles, Void, etc), they get a small "team buff". (a bit like the icon Vi and Caitlin have, but with an actual impact.)

Now my idea was to just keep it small but still have a sort of impact. It could be something like all "allied champions gain 5 armor." or "All cooldowns are reduced by 1."

Now dont start explaining how these exemple of buffs would or would not work. It is just support to explain that it would be fun that if you had on a full team from Demacia, Noxus, etc, you could get something special that would make a team comp unique.

What do you guys think of this? Comment are most welcomed l'll be seeing you on the fields

Nysta

02-10-2013

I think this is a stupid idea. As are other hidden passives that depend on stuff like skins, team comp... Anyways, it might be cool if they had the appearance of their base changed. Flags hanging around according to the teams and different victory/defeat messages would be an example of those. The minions could be changed a little based on that too.

The coolest part about this that I could imagine to actually implement would be that matches with full Demacian, Noxus - whatever matches would be recorded and there would be some kind of ladder where one could see wins and losses of Noxus/Demacia.. whatever based on these statistics.

The5lacker

02-10-2013

Hidden Passives are not supposed to actually impact a game at all. They're there for flavor, and that's it. Forcibly manipulating team compositions like this is a terrible idea, and severely warps the metagame.