Shaco Nerf... I'm back.

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnknownMartian

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Hey everyone UnknownMartian here again ONCE MORE. I've been posting things about Shaco before but not much people really paid any attention to my suggestions. The ones that have been playing Shaco the longest understood what i had to say, everyone else misunderstood and either ignored it or went against it. Now as i was attempting to get help with Shaco to get him back on his feet Riot knocks him back down even further. Now I noticed the increase in posts about Shaco in these forums so I'm going to try one more time. Maybe this nerf on Shaco was required to make people see and understand the help Shaco needs more. Here is what i have to say,


Q

Deceive


If Riot thinks this is a good idea, then fine let it be.

W

Jack In The Box


Decrease the time it takes for boxes to turn invisible late game or increase their tankiness.

E

Two-Shiv Poison


Nerfed the slow...Why? There are other junglers who have something like this. Olaf's Q can be pick RIGHT back up and be thrown multiple times. How every olaf does not have a passive where his auto attacks slow, but someone else does. Sejuani's auto attacks slow and her E can reduce movement speed for up to 70%. Why did Shaco need a nerf? Give him back his slow.

R

Hallucinate


If any of you have read my past posts you know about how much i hate how ignored this ability is. This could be so unique and it is but it's not reaching its full maximum potential. I have multiple suggestions for this. The ones in Italic are mandatory.

1. Hold R for the clone to explode on the spot it is standing on.
2. Once the real Shaco dies the clone runs the nearest enemy and explodes.
3. Once the real Shaco dies he controls the clone for the length it is still alive. (he can only auto attack)
4. SHOW HOW LONG THE CLONE HAS TILL IT EXPLODES.


Comment any suggestions/feedback you have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OdiIon

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Note that I am by no means a Shaco player at all. But I do jungle very much, and all this comes through experience playing against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMartian View Post


Q

Deceive


If Riot thinks this is a good idea, then fine let it be.
I personally didn't like this nerf. Shaco is supposed to be "the one that got away". Just like Nidalee or Blitzcrank, chasing them serves little purpose as tempting as it is to look at them with low health, I didn't have issues with it before because chasing that dumb clown is always a fruitless effort without oracles.



Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMartian View Post
W

Jack In The Box


Decrease the time it takes for boxes to turn invisible late game or increase their tankiness.
I'd be fine the former. Tankier boxes would make them like Heimer, or Zyra's annoying 3 HP plants. You use boxes for the fear anyways, but as is. I think it's fine, Shaco ganks are always premeditated so box placement before a gank is always crucial, even during ganks you have to map out their escape path and deny it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMartian View Post
E

Two-Shiv Poison


Nerfed the slow...Why? There are other junglers who have something like this. Olaf's Q can be pick RIGHT back up and be thrown multiple times. How every olaf does not have a passive where his auto attacks slow, but someone else does. Sejuani's auto attacks slow and her E can reduce movement speed for up to 70%. Why did Shaco need a nerf? Give him back his slow.
1. Never outright compare to champion abilities, as it serves as an extremely poor argument. For instance;

Olaf's Q can be pick RIGHT back up and be thrown multiple times, but Darius's ultimate can only be refreshed if it kills a champion.

Doesn't work like that. Similar mechanics don't make them the same champion. No matter how 'close' or 'similar' or even good your argument is, it always looks as silly as the example I posted.

2. Olaf's Q is a skill shot, believe it or not you can actually dodge them.
2a. Sejuani's Slow on her autos are actually hot garbage, and her E is not 70% because it stacks with her passive on her Autos effectively making them weaker.
2b. Again with the Double Standard, You can't compare two champion abilities.

3. They nerfed his E passive because he had redbuff. All the time. because of this, making his ganks so obnoxiously sticky.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMartian View Post
R

Hallucinate


2. Once the real Shaco dies the clone runs the nearest enemy and explodes.
3. Once the real Shaco dies he controls the clone for the length it is still alive. (he can only auto attack)
4. SHOW HOW LONG THE CLONE HAS TILL IT EXPLODES.
If I remember correctly, you can't control, LB clone, Morde's ghost, Yorick's ultimate, and a few others after you die, just be glad it doesn't disappear when you do die.

Controlling a clone that does damage after you die defeats the purpose of dying. A dead person can't manipulate it's minion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-10-2013

**** Shaco, I honestly mean that, it wasn't enjoyable being scared to be in the middle of the lane early game, I hated the stupid amounts of pressure he could apply and every single nerf he gets just makes me cheer, maybe see him less then. Hate me, downvote me, I'm just speaking my mind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReasonablyInsec

Senior Member

02-10-2013

I always thought he was in a good position. I've played a few games as him-
The reason his late game is so terrible is because how strong his early game is- it's like a race to feed your teammates enough before you turn useless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceer

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
R

Hallucinate


If any of you have read my past posts you know about how much i hate how ignored this ability is. This could be so unique and it is but it's not reaching its full maximum potential. I have multiple suggestions for this. The ones in Italic are mandatory.

1. Hold R for the clone to explode on the spot it is standing on.
[I]2. Once the real Shaco dies the clone runs the nearest enemy and explodes.
3. Once the real Shaco dies he controls the clone for the length it is still alive. (he can only auto attack)
4. SHOW HOW LONG THE CLONE HAS TILL IT EXPLODES

well first of all, I am so pissed of shaco's Q nerd. It sucks so much now

For the ult,
1:just keep the clone to chase the person you're attacking
2:it does work that way, well, if you we're attacking something before you died
3:meh, no comment
4:look above your abilities. It shows when the clone is going to die


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordRataxes

Junior Member

02-13-2013

If I remember correctly, you can't control, LB clone, Morde's ghost, Yorick's ultimate, and a few others after you die, just be glad it doesn't disappear when you do die.

What are you talking about? You can control all of these minions when you die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

Senior Member

02-13-2013

So many Shaco threads lately. Completely agree with them though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kitluck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipheny View Post

4:look above your abilities. It shows when the clone is going to die
The only thing I see above my abilities is an icon saying, "This minion is being controlled" or something like that.

But I do think that they need to make his Q range back to 500 instead of 400. Yes it's the same as flash, (It is isn't it?) but that's not the point, you can't gank top/bot lane from the tribush to lane just landing outside tower range. You either go to river bush or get hit by tower.

1. They also need to change his boxes so they instantly go stealth, be invulnerable until it goes stealth, or something so enemies cant just one shot them.
2. I do think the nerf to his E was unnecessary.
3. Riot does really need to make his ult better. There should be an option to detonate the clone at any time. Also make it have the same items, buffs, and icons as the real Shaco to make it look like the real thing. ( But take out the effects of the buffs so it doesn't make clone OP)

Idk if it is just me or w/e, but the clone seems to move slower and attack slower, even though it has the same stats as the real Shaco.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaqiii

Senior Member

02-14-2013

well shaco is pretty weak right now


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnknownMartian

Senior Member

02-15-2013

Because no other champion has the ability to control after death doesn't mean no one can! Shaco is the DEMON JESTER, i think it makes perfect sense to be able to control his clone for the remainder it is alive after death. Also i can see your point about the E. Because his Q got nerfed i do believe one of his abilities needs a buff to compensate. I believe it should his ultimate as it can be made to be very unique and cool. Some people believe it should be his W, and i agree with that also but if i had to make a choice i would vote on his ult. That how ever is a long shot, a very long shot. I could refocus my changes to his W?


12345 ... 10