Patch 4.17 Analysis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

09-24-2014

Another patch, and this one even brings some changes to Dominion ! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...atch-417-notes

Viktor and Soraka got reworks. There's too much to talk about, so I'll leave that for some other thread.

Cassiopeia got some small buffs, but the rework still hurt her quite a bit for Dominion. I doubt she'll be good.

Garen got a massive regen bonus at higher levels, and the cooldown after taking damage is drastically reduced. Furthermore, after level 11 minions won't stop his regen. This is by no means a great buff, but it'll help him with splitpushing, defending towers, and bot lane (although how viable bot lane Garen will be I don't know). Enough to move him up to tier 3? Eh, I'm not sure, he still has some major issues.

Karma got a small usability buff that will help her quite a bit, mostly by making her easier to play. Now, if you get stunned and press R+W, it won't ignore the R press because you were stunned, so you'll be less likely to mess up R uses because of cc. Small quality of life buff. Heimerdinger got the same buff, although it's less significant since his R is on a much longer CD.

LeBlanc, oh my. I think Riot made a mistake here. Now LeBlanc's clone might actually bait people into attacking it, and that one second invisibility can really help her. Another second on Distortion is pretty huge, and it means that she'll be really, really, really hard to catch without some strong mobility. She could run one direction for 3.7 seconds or so, then press it again and run the other direction, or, if they're waiting, she could just keep running. This makes her much safer overall and more annoying to deal with, and I'll move her back up to tier 2, most likely.

Maokai, this means that Maokai benefits less from storing damage with his ultimate. Full tank Maokai got hit pretty hard, but AP Maokai liked to detonate fairly early anyway since he's not always bulky enough to stack it fully. It's a noticable nerf, 100 less max damage, but I don't think it'll be enough to make him weak. Is he still OP? I'm not sure.

Nautilus, huh. His Q now connects with terrain made by champions. This is both a buff and a nerf. I'm thinking that it's more of a nerf than a buff, actually. If a friendly J4 ulties and Nautilus is inside, he can't escape, and if he's outside, he can't Q the enemy inside. If Anivia puts up a wall, he can't Q to get through the wall. On the other hand, he can now use terrain by allies (and enemies) to get to places. A friendly Anivia or Trundle could use it as a Thresh lantern of sorts.

Nidalee, seems like they're buffing AP Nidalee and nerfing AD Nidalee. If any experienced Nidalee player feels like giving some more detailed comments into this, that'd be great.

Rammus, small buff for the armordillo. Using Q won't immediately cancel W, and using W won't immediately cancel Q.

Sona Q range buff. Cool.

Talon E silence removed, instead it slows 99% for 0.25 seconds. This is, of course, a massive nerf for Talon, and he'll drop to tier 2 or tier 3 almost certainly. I do find it odd that Riot kept the map specific nerfs, does he really need them after a nerf like this?

Tristana got her ultimate CD increased from 60 sec at all ranks to 100/85/70. This is a significant nerf to an already weak champion. SR balancing hitting Dominion. Oh well, at least it kills AP Tristana.

Dominion Respawn Timers now only work when the difference is at least 50 points. No more delaying your initial mid-cap to cheese in slightly faster respawns. This is good news and makes Dominion a bit more balanced.

And some other minor changes and bug fixes.

HaIfhearted

09-25-2014

Talon nerfs can stay. His ult CD is short enough as-is, and its not like Q was what defined his kit to begin with.
I'd like to see where he is post-nerf and whether he can still do Talon things before jumping on the "remove map-specifics" train.

They are buffing AP Nid, and AP Nid does NOT need buffs.
Sigh.

Thank God for respawn timer changes. About f*cking time.

Agreed on Leblanc. That champion can go **** herself.

Fancy Wolf

09-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Sigh.
"AP Nid is trash after the rework" -Sifu

To which I would agree. Bruiser nid is wayyy better (when I was playing). AP is just asking for trouble since you have to be careful about when you jump in. But DAMN was it fun.

Koravel

09-25-2014

Dont at all agree that AP Nid is trash right now. At all.

SylianEUW

09-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Talon nerfs can stay. His ult CD is short enough as-is, and its not like Q was what defined his kit to begin with.
True, but do you really think he'll end up strong after losing the silence? I guess we'll see, Kha'Zix doesn't have much cc and is still OP, after all.

Quote:
Balancing around SR, yo. I personally thought that AP Nidalee was better than AD Nidalee for top lane, bot lane maybe not so much.

Quote:
Thank God for respawn timer changes. About f*cking time.
Yup.

Quote:
Agreed on Leblanc. That champion can go **** herself.
They are buffing her in ways that will make her super annoying to deal with. It's like, wut. I think the 4 second on her W will be really hard to deal with, since she can juke so hard with that extra second. I don't think it's really enough to make up for losing her silence, but it's a pretty noticeable buff, I suspect.