Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to get to Diamond I /Challenger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ai shi teru

02-10-2013

Basically spam games

solo queue rating system is worse than ever.

well, ppl are "happier" because its much easier to get to diamond/plat etc. now

but its like farmville

Eloquid

02-10-2013

Welcome to Farmer's Rift.

Riot Wittrock

QA Analyst

02-10-2013

All of GD has been screaming for a week about how advancing is super hard now. What's your argument for it being easier? Like, i dont have feelings either way, but i want to know your logic.

Implies

02-10-2013

I agree, haha and I think it's because you have a grace period in between and also the fact that you can't drop tiers. And it only takes 4-5 wins to hit promo series.

Ai shi teru

02-10-2013

Quote:
Khalilzad:
All of GD has been screaming for a week about how advancing is super hard now. What's your argument for it being easier? Like, i dont have feelings either way, but i want to know your logic.

get more points than you lose, much more

duo queue can be easily abused. u lose/gain same( atleast for me when i duo qeuue with silvers( they were not smurfs))

DUNKMASTER Yl

02-10-2013

Quote:
Everlasting:

duo queue can be easily abused. u lose/gain same( atleast for me when i duo qeuue with silvers( they were not smurfs))

Wanna duo with me?

iplaynida

02-10-2013

Quote:
Everlasting:

He has a point. If you can spam enough games and get carried. Not even carried, just NOT FEED. You eventually can get diamond, even if you play like your gold. This can take longer times for others, but if you get really lucky, it can be done. And once your diamond, your diamond for good! So get your buddy to get you up there, then just feed all day with the pros! Who cares! Your diamond 4 life.

InkredibleM

02-10-2013

Last time I heard you had to actually be diamond rating with MMR which is your elo to get to diamond/plat so it's just like before but now you have to win a series to prove it.

iplaynida

02-10-2013

Quote:
InkredibleM:
Last time I heard you had to actually be diamond rating with MMR which is your elo to get to diamond/plat so it's just like before but now you have to win a series to prove it.

Nope. Just stomp the baddies in gold. Get carried to Gold 1. Luck out on 3/5 games on your 10th try. Free plat. Rinse and repeat for diamond.

idktbh

02-10-2013

Quote:
iplaynida:
Nope. Just stomp the baddies in gold. Get carried to Gold 1. Luck out on 3/5 games on your 10th try. Free plat. Rinse and repeat for diamond.

wait so u can't get demoted from diamond? and if u do, do u still get diamond rewards?