Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Change in requirement for champion swaps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellblaue

02-10-2013

I do not think that you should be required for the other player to own the champ for you to do a swap, (in ranked specifically at least) so if this doesn't get changed in the normal environment that is fine.

...But I know you will stay "that's stupid", "stop trolling troll", "dumb", "would never work" etc.

However, all you would need is to have two slots of champs you would pick, one slot you would pick and it would hold the champion that you want to swap, and the second would be the champion that you own and select to play or would contain the random champion select button.

So to give you a quick example: Player 1 wants zyra, player 4 wants alistar, player 1 owns zyra but player 4 does not. So player 1 selects alistar for their trade window and puts in their main window zyra, players 2 and 3 pick, player 4 then selects zyra for their trade window and alistar (which would be automated so there actually would not be any button pressing) for their main window,. (Note: these windows will only appear if you select trade with player "X" button, which would need to be avaliable before picks are finalized) What would happen is after picks finish the trade would automatically happen. If both players own a champion the system would be the exact same process. You would need to highlight or separate trade-able vs. owned champions in the UI but that should not be that much work.

Now, if someone selects zyra before player 4 is able to select zyra, a message would appear to player 1, asking them to select a new champion for the trade. Obviously when player 4's turn activates he would then select a new champion for player 1 based on discussion in team chat, if he is afk it will randomly slecect a champion for the trade slot. Just the same as if some is afk after a player picks a character to trade with at the current time.

In summation, this change would allow players that own champions to not be penalized based on their elo, or now based on their bracket. I do not know the correlation between number of champions owned and ladder/elo position, but I would put money that there is some evidence. However, my point is there should be 0 advantage and this would greatly change that aspect to being very close to 0.

-Hellblaue

P.S I have no clue what forum this belongs in. Sorry

Private Riem

02-10-2013

The problem with being able to select a champion you do not own to trade with another player, is what if somebody on the other team pick the champion you were supposed to get? And or you only had one champion in common and it's gone?

This whole thing is a problem with the champ selection I've been trying to find a solution for the past year.
Honestly, I'm clueless. Unless somebody comes with a solution with the problem above, it won't change.

Hellblaue

02-10-2013

The solution I provided is a fix. I will photoshop a demo of what I mean for clarification. But if someone selects the champion you were planning on trading it is no different than what is currently in the system, you just choose a new champion for the person you are trading. The difference is you are able to trade them a champion you don't own but they do. You would not be able to play that champion which is why it would go in a separate window and the champion they selected to trade you would be grey'd out in the champion select for your spot.

Hellblaue

04-14-2013

Riot response please.

Insanity601

04-15-2013

There is a reason you need 16 champs to start playing ranked or draft. If somehow by all the odds in the world they couldn't trade because someone on the other team picked what would be the 16th champion you would have an unplayable game. Also this requires a lot of client rework and a lot of trolls can pop up offering a trade and not trading unless this system you suggests forces a trade which will once again ask what happens if the player isn't able to pick another champion.

I like the idea but this statistically has a possibility to occur and you need to be thoughtful about it

jester82

04-15-2013

This is a bad idea. Why would I want someone to play a champ that he doesnt even own in rank play ? I am fine with this in normal but it goes against their money making model, so they'll never do it.

Hellblaue

04-16-2013

Quote:
jester82:
This is a bad idea. Why would I want someone to play a champ that he doesnt even own in rank play ? I am fine with this in normal but it goes against their money making model, so they'll never do it.

Omg, they are not playing a champ they don't own, they are selecting a champ from the other person's champ pool that will be traded to them....

Hellblaue

04-17-2013

bu,mp

TheBlackening

04-18-2013

He's saying trade a champion you DON'T own to someone who DOES own it, in exchange for one you DO own. It would do nothing to allow players to play champions they don't own or aren't experienced with. It would simply fix any advantage teams with enormous champions get in picks/bans by using pick order and trades to get the highly contested picks.

Say, for example, I am first pick and I main ADC; I want to play Vayne. Our Top laner wants Shen but he is 4th pick. Say for the sake of argument that I own mostly AD Carry champions, and he owns mostly Top lane champions. With his suggestion, I would be able to first pick Shen from his champion pool (the same way you can ban picks you don't own by being shown the other team's combined pool) and select the option to "trade" him his Shen for my Vayne. He gets the champion he owns, I get the champion I own. Effectively what we did is trade pick order, not champions, that's all.

Hellblaue

04-28-2013

Still would like to see a red so I can respond to any questions.