Please Read: Solution to Trolling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EcoNomitE

02-09-2013

I believe that the current system of dealing with non-cooperative/troll players does not effectively reduce the amount of such players, but instead increases the amount of animosity within teams. Troll players IMO are people who either have smurf accounts, or do not take the game, particularly ranked play, as seriously as regularl players. The disparity causes players who do well to lose games because of these trolls. The games aren't lost because of lack of skill (we must assume the ELO system accurately judges a person's skill level and matches even skilled players together), but because of the animosity within teams due to trolls not getting the lane they want or general harassment.

IMO serious players who only have the choice to dodge and lose LP because of a troll player is obviously unfair.

My proposal is then to create a voting system where at one point teammates will be able to vote whether or not to force dodge the troll player. 4 of the players must reach a consensus to force ban a player. The consequence for the troll player is having to wait 15-30 minutes to be able to play again without losing LP points, and for the rest being in queue again.

I believe this solution will provide many people of the lol community who take ranked play seriously an alternative to best avoid troll players.

EcoNomitE

02-09-2013

I mistakenly posted this on the wrong forum. sorry

DuskSC2

02-12-2013

a lot of voting systems create opportunities for abuse. however, if this one is ONLY available in the solo/duo Q champion selection window... i dont see where it could be abused much. Even if it was abused it would be at a MUCH lower rate than the current troll abuse.

Ill Darkistino

02-13-2013

Sounds like its worth looking into. Cheers!

PetKitten

02-16-2013

What about the time where you're the 'random' and the other four are a premade that are on skype and want to bully 'their' random player into top or jungle regardless of calls? I can see getting demanded to jungle or they'll vote to kick me. Probably not the best idea, but overall, this would be neat if ways could be found to avoid collusion between premades to gang up on a person, that happens more than enough already!

Pet Succubus

02-17-2013

or don't force the kicked player to wait very long, instead place them back into the matchmaking queue but outside of 'your' queue with a flag to be unable to be added to your queue. 4 man premades that boot a player would only put the booted back into the short queue and that really has no real impact on the ability to play because it is highly unlikely to happen all that often for a non trolling player.