Dominion is quickly becoming unplayable.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewenger View Post
The ultimate purpose of competitive game is to WIN. If some champions bring ultimately more to their team, they increase your chances of winning, combined with personal skill. Those are beaten with tactics, strategy and coordination.

Let me tell the same on an example of a fighting game. Say, one character has a gimmick that gives him ultimate advantage, dealing more damage. If a pro picks this character in a tourney and abuses it, is it good or fair? No. Should he use it? Of course he should. He aims to win afterall.

All players have different mentality, so there's no place to complain.
While this first part is certainly true, when Riot has failed to balance Dominion champions in a long time, some can, (and have) gotten out of hand. Thus, taking, for example, Kassadin on this map is almost to the point of exploitation. Everyone knows he is ridiculously OP, so there is almost a gentleman's (and lady's) agreement not to use him, because to do so would be exploiting Riot's inability to balance him for Dominion.

Sometimes OP is just OP.

This is also another reason why we need ranked dominion mode. Without ranked dominion, there is no way to differentiate between the so-called "try-hards" and the casuals. Now in ranked, Kass would be banned of course, so that's also a good thing. Then, and only then, would your argument make complete sense, because then the answer to someone complaining about playing against Kass would be "Go play ranked." He would still be OP, but you could avoid having to play against him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Slime Appears

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
While it's easy to do "well" with Jayce due to how much power his kit is, he's both complex to play, and much stronger if played well.
That is exactly my point. You don't need much practice at all to do well with Jayce or Elise because their kits are so strong. If you want to use their kits as effectively as possible, then yes, you'll need some skill but my point is you don't need to do that. Rolling your face across the keyboard will be good enough most of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
You make it seem like Karma isn't a solid pick on Dominion, she ****ing rocks.
Oh man how she rocks faces.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
That is exactly my point. You don't need much practice at all to do well with Jayce or Elise because their kits are so strong. If you want to use their kits as effectively as possible, then yes, you'll need some skill but my point is you don't need to do that. Rolling your face across the keyboard will be good enough most of the time.
At higher Elo, doing "well" is not gonna cut it.
Because everyone does "well" at that point, or better than well. Unless they're trolling.

And no, it's really easy to derp big time with Jayce. Just hear people on the chat-rooms post games talking about the really stupid Jayce builds on their teams. And well, some champions, the difference between the ceiling and the floor isn't high - for Jayce there's actually a lot of difference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Dominion used to be the place where you can play (and win) with most any champion
this has never been true


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMHSTerror

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
this has never been true
Really? Name one champion you can't win with?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMHSTerror View Post
Really? Name one champion you can't win with?
Thresh. i would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE to know his win % on dom. im gunna say it's under 10%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xNebia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-13-2013

This is BS, I play a lot of different champs and try not to pick kass, jayce too much and still win. Most recent wins are with Teemo, singed, Fiz, kayle, and panth which are not even considered op in dominion, strong champs but not op. Far more than a handful of champs are viable in dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phyerbert

Member

02-13-2013

There are definately some champs that need balancing and Riot really hasn't come up with a solution yet. I've thought about champs like Kass performing differently in Dominion than he does in SR to create effective balance for both maps, but I can't imagine this being a viable option, they might as well just create a whole new game.

On the topic of this thread there is a solution...play draft. You can ban out several of those champs that constantly give you grief and give yourself some breathing room to experiment with new champs. I mostly play blind still and I don't have the problem you do, but I remember when fizz was released and I moved to draft just to keep him out while they worked out his balancing. I would ask anyone reading this to not leave dominion, the smaller this community gets the less chance we have of getting a voice in this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Honestly the pool of 'competitively viable' champions hasn't changed much. At no point in Dominion have picks like Tryn, Anivia, or Xerath been viable considering roughly equal skilled teams. Picks like Jax, Poppy, and Urgot have been top tier since day 1.

I don't really see the problem, you can't seriously expect a pool of 100+ champions to be all competitively viable picks. For the most part, I find people still don't really care either. I can lock Fiddle and don't immediately get, "**** TROLL, SOMEONE DODGE" like you would from taking Heimer or Karma on SR. People just shrug and play the game, Kassadin and Jayce be damned.

As for draft, it's kind of funny actually. When people played draft, 6 OPs would be banned yes. However this just meant you picked the next 10 most OP picks after that. If you took a weak pick in draft, people would dodge. Even before the dodge penalty disappeared, draft was not a healthy format because of the tryhards.


123